This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

Recruitment. Spring of 2016. It was a blur. Girl flirting. Days and days of girl flirting. As I’ve found though, talking is sort of my strong suit. But even for me, three days of talking to random people about my mediocre life was a bit overwhelming.Bid day arrived shortly hereafter, and I came to find my fate was sealed in a small white envelope. No peeking. Be patient.

Ten years later…

The sound of thousands of envelopes being ripped open.

My eyes shot to the words “Delta Delta Delta.”

Rho Gamma’s shouting, “Get into your groups!” Running down to the house, praying that I wouldn’t fall, girls screaming, throwing shirts at us, putting stickers on our faces, taking pictures, and the list goes on. It was a lot. Overwhelming and loud, even kind of scary.

But looking back, two years later, I notice the little details. Each girl hugging me like they’d known me for years, smiles everywhere you turn, excitement filling the house.

I won’t lie. It took me a bit to assimilate with the girls in my pledge class. Everyone sort of already knew one another and I felt, well, like the black sheep of the crowd. For a while I was fearful to interact with the girls in my class, afraid they wouldn’t accept me. They were all so beautiful and kind, so cool. How did I fit in here?

The years have passed and it would be an understatement to say that things have changed. In the past two years, I have been elected into two officer positions, built and rekindled many friendships, and most importantly, I’ve grown; I have truly grown.

At some point, and I’m not quite sure when, I came out of my shell. I didn’t pretend to be someone else, I just, well, I was just me. And you know what? My sisters liked me. They genuinely liked me.

That feeling, the feeling when you realize you found where you belong, hit me like a Mack truck.

Today, I sit on the floor of a friend’s room and write this, recalling all the memories that I’ve made over the past two and a half years. The closer I get to becoming a senior, the sadder I become. Not because the real world will soon welcome me, but because I will never feel as if I’ve had enough time being a Tri Delta sister.

To all of my friends, my sisters, reading this, no matter who you are, I was writing this thinking about you. Yes, each and every one of you. The faces of my sisters flying through my mind, each conversation I’ve ever had with all of you, all the feelings I felt when you all welcomed me. Those are the things that I will hold tight to when times get rough.

I’m not sure that you all will understand the love I feel for you, but it’s there. I promise. I have never loved a group of girls like I love you.

You’ve changed my life.

I hope I’ve changed yours.

Delta Love And More, Michaela

Just an average girl, living in an average world, with an above average love for love.