Things to Do When You’re Bored

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

We all have those times when we find ourselves bored out of our minds. We know that there’s probably some homework we can get started on or a closet that needs some organizing, but let’s be honest – those things can wait. We want to do something, but just can’t come up with anything to do. If you don’t want to once again binge-watch Netflix or sit around waiting for an opportunity to come to you, here are a couple suggestions of what to do next time you’re bored.

1. DIY!

There are so many things you can DIY! No need to go out and spend tons of money on new decorations. All you have to do it go onto Pinterest and you will have 1,001 ideas on what to craft next!

1. Call someone you haven’t talked to in a while

This is something I always forget to do. In the midst of projects, work, and extracurriculars, I can forget to reach out to loved ones back home. See what they’re up to and catch each other up on what’s been happening!

1. Try a new recipe

It can be boring making the same thing over and over again. So, try something new with a few things you might have in your fridge or new ingredients!

1. Read a book

With all the readings for class, it can be hard to bring yourself to read for fun. Get a couple friends together and take on a bestseller.

1. Pamper yourself

It might be hard finding time to pamper yourself throughout the week with academics and extracurriculars. So, take this time to paint your nails or try a new face mask.

Hi everybody! I'm Susana. Originally from the Windy City, I now find myself in the middle of Ohio at Denison! I love putting a creative spin to anything I do, and have always been drawn to the Arts and Writing because through them, I can express myself in so many different ways. I'm also a member of Delta Gamma, and absolutely love coffee. If you have any questions, you can reach me at meza_s1@denison.edu