Take of Yourself this Spring

As many college campuses begin their finals schedules in the upcoming weeks, it becomes especially important to prioritize one’s physical and mental health. Papers and exams take a toll on the mind so it is important to remind yourself to be kind to yourself. I always find myself swimming in tasks and assignments during finals week, this semester will be no different. Luckily I have come across some tips and tactics for tackling this stress. Here are some ways to give yourself some TLC this finals season. 

1. Go outside! Spring is, in my opinion, one of the best seasons no matter where you are in the world. One of my favorite things to do is to go on a walk to clear my head and get some fresh air. If your campus has any nice green spaces, go on a walk or have a nice little picnic outside. 

2. Drink tea! Even if you aren’t a fan of the flavor, the act of drinking tea is relaxing in and of itself. My favorite flavors to drink before bed are chamomile and sleepytime tea. A splash of coffee creamer makes tea taste like a latte. 

3. Journal! It’s helpful to reflect on your stress and emotions in a safe, personal space such as a journal. As a person who loves perusing the shelves of Barnes and Noble, journal shopping is one of the most therapeutic activities in my mind. I love writing in my little periwinkle journal whenever I have a lot on my mind. 

4. Have a spa day! Take a break from studying by doing a face mask or painting your nails. Over this semester I’ve found painting my nails to be very therapeutic. Bonus points if you have a bathtub and take a bubble bath. 

5. Eat your favorite food! Order takeout from your favorite restaurant and watch your favorite movie for a relaxing night in. I plan to order Vietnamese food the night before one of my morning exams. Watching a feels good movie always takes my mind off of my stress, I find romcoms to be especially helpful in that field.