emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

A Sustainable and Ethical Christmas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

As we count down the days to Christmas, and there aren’t many left, I know that sustainability and the environment is not the topic of priority for most. With all the love and holiday cheer in the atmosphere, sometimes we’re not thinking about where our Christmas gifts are coming from or what questionable production locations they’re being manufactured in. This holiday season you can still gift your loved ones and give back to the world in numerous ways as simple as buying a pair of cute socks from a sustainable and charitable company. I’ve done my research and here are some earth-friendly and philanthropic companies to do your Christmas shopping at!

1. The self-care guru

Bathing Culture: all organic, biodegradable body wash with ingredients like Aloe, Shea, and Gumar for super soft skin during these cold brutal months.

1. The makeup lover

Love Goodly: a monthly subscription box that delivers 4-5 full sized beauty products that are all cruelty free, vegan made, and eco-friendly…look good and do good for the environment? Double win.

1. The “no outfit is complete without accessories” emphasizer

Raven and Lily: a sustainable company that supports fair trade and ethical working standards. A concept: ethically cute earrings!

1. The one who puts on fashion shows

Tradlands: comfy and cute clothes made from natural and recyclable materials. You can’t feel guilty adding another item to the cart when you’re supporting ethical and sustainable production. 

Nicole Zeid

Denison '22

Hey there! I'm a compassionate positivity advocate from Columbus, Ohio, and I'm a sophomore majoring in Biology and minoring in Anthropology Sociology at Denison University. I’m lover of music, the great outdoors, and traveling! I live by the ideas of giving more than what you take, and doing more of what makes you happy.
Claire is a Cleveland native in her fourth & final year at Denison University and is excited to continue her role as the Co-President for the Denison chapter! While she studies Spanish and Political Science, she loves to write in her spare time. She wants to emphasize topics that she is passionate about, spread positivity and optimism in the world, and connect with people through her writing. When she isn't writing or studying, you can find Claire spending time with her family and friends, staying active, enjoying the outdoors, or listening to music.