This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

Firstly, no, this isn’t a movie review of Sorry to Bother You. Sorry. Although I did get the chance to watch it a few nights back and I highly recommend you check it out. 

Anyways, moving on from that, I realized that lately that I’ve gotten into the habit of apologizing way too much than I probably should. It’s as if my existence alone is enough to make me want to apologize to someone. I know that doesn’t make any sense for many people, but I have always had this idea that asking for anything from someone is equivalent to asking for too much. I wish I had the natural talent to say whatever is on my mind without hearing this voice in the back of my mind, telling me that I’m being a major inconvenience.  This problem has definitely gotten better over time, but it’s still there. And I know that many people feel the same way. I’m sorry (there I go again!), but I definitely don’t have this magical wisdom that I can bestow on you guys. I’m only mentioning this to remind y’all that you aren’t alone. What I tend to do is remind myself that I have close friends that I care about and whom I would go to the ends of the Earth. Chances are, they would do the same for me too. When you’re in a rut, the people that reach out to you are the ones that you hold onto. Those are the people that you don’t have to apologize to ever. People aren’t always mad at you, annoyed with you, let alone do they even consider you a burden. Everyone else is going through the same worries and as soon as we can all collectively stop apologizing for being, well, ourselves then with time all of this can be resolved.