#RoommateProblems

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

Everyone complains about their roommates, even if they love them.  Let’s face it, no one is perfect, and it is impossible to ignore the glaring flaws of the people we live with every day.  But when you are describing to your friends in explicit detail how your roomie just won’t stop making up dances to Rack City when she comes home drunk do you ever wonder… what does your roommate say about YOU? Listed below are samples of roommate problems that I’m sure we can all relate to.  So take note Denison, and be aware of your disrespectful habits! 

Roomie Anecdotes:

-“My roommate asked me if she could borrow one of my many sweaters for her ugly sweater party…”

-“My roommate watches Youtube videos for like hours and giggles to herself!”

-“My roommate makes loud phone calls every day… at 7 in the morning.”

-“My roommate hosts pre-games in our room when I’m staying in doing homework.”

-“My roommate has never turned the TV off before.  Like ever.”

-“My roommate Skypes with her boyfriend from home every single day… and SO loudly.”

-“My roommate left all of her dirty dishes out over break, now our room smells awful!”

-“My roommate MEOWS in her sleep…”

-“My roommate has two alarms that start going off at 5 a.m. and continue for two hours every morning that she sleeps through.”

-“My roommate was sick one time for two weeks and her coughing was the most obnoxious thing I have ever heard.  I realize that she couldn’t help it, but I wanted to murder her.”

-“My roommate rubs her foot on the carpet because she likes the sound.”

-“My roommate puts her SHOES on my BED.”

-“My roommate sexiled me from 2 in the afternoon until 7 that night!”

-“My roommate’s boyfriend sleeps in our room… Every night!”

-“My roommate lied on her form and said she didn’t smoke.  She does.  I don’t.”

These are just a handful of the stories people told me.  So it is important to be cautious, and to understand that everyone has crazy moments and everyone has their flaws.  Just remember, if they’re doing something that bothers you, you’re probably doing something that bothers them!  #roommateproblems

sophomore at Denison University
Sally Maxwell is a senior at Denison University and will be graduating in the Spring of 2012. She is a Communications major and Spanish minor and very involved on campus. She is the Vice President of Sigma Delta Pi (Spanish Honor Society) and the Alumnae Chair for her sorority, Kappa Alpha Theta. She plans to pursue a career in Public Relations or marketing and advertising, hopefully in a big city somewhere. Being born and raised in Ohio, she is ready for the big city life after college! She loves her yellow labrador, Beau, and spending time with friends. She strongly believes that everything happens for a reason and she is ready for whatever life has to offer her!