Prepare for Mike Posner: Learn His Top Hits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

Written by Lindsay Rand

Yes, the rumors are true! THE Mike Posner will be coming to Denison for D-Day this coming Saturday in the Roost.  This 24-year old singer, songwriter, and producer debuted his first album called “31 Minutes to Take Off” in August of 2011. Ever since then, his catchy songs have gained popularity throughout the nation resulting in one of his singles being in the top ten on the Billboard top 100. For those of you who are not as familiar with his music, and are worried about being that awkward kid in the crowd mouthing all the wrong words to the songs you have never heard of, don’t worry! I’m here to help!! Here is a list of four of Mike Posner’s most popular songs that you are bound to hear at the concert on Saturday.

“Please Don’t Go,” is probably the most popular songs that is out of his right now. You will be singing along in no time with its simple chorus that will have you “begging” for Mike Poser to “please don’t go, go, go, go.” But lets hope some of the more die-hard fans don’t take the lyric “if you leave I’m going to find you, baby please don’t go” too literally and decide to stalk him if he actually chooses to leave Denison in the morning…. He has places to be, ladies.

“Cooler Than Me” is another one of his more talked about songs, and is the song that was used in the D-Day promotion video. After jamming out to this song all night don’t be surprised to find girls sporting their “designer shades just to hide their face” in the morning. But don’t you dare let them think that they are cooler than you, lets be honest, it’s November, sunglasses are out of season.

“Bow Chicka Wow Wow” will undoubtedly be bringing sexy back to Denison’s campus. This sultry tune will give the crowd a chance to slow things down and have the ladies swooning over Mike “once he sets the mood right.”

“Do U Wanna” is yet another fan favorite. Mike repeatedly asks “Do you wanna be my baby? Do you wanna be my girl?” You don’t need to ask so many times, the answer is yes. Why do you think I was just begging you to stay? I mean yeah you are cooler than me, but ever since you set the mood right I decided that if you leave I am actually going to find you…Please don’t go!!!!!!!

Hopefully now you wont feel so lost in the crowd and you will be ready and anxiously awaiting the arrival of a real live celebrity!!

Kaitlin is a sophomore at Denison University in Granville, Ohio. She is currently studying Economics with a minor in Communication. When Kaitlin isn't studying, you can find her attending events for her sorority, Kappa Alpha Theta, writing articles, playing tennis, or watching Bravo obsessively.  As a Bravo fangirl, she would love to meet Andy Cohen.