This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

Over my month-long break of relaxation and rejuvenation, I have created a master list of my favorite beauty products for the winter season! Personally, I believe that keeping my skin moisturized, highlighted, and bright brings definition and life into my pale face during the cold, dark months of winter. Hopefully some of my favorite products inspire you to expand your makeup routine! 

Awake “Ray of Bright” radiance moisturizer: This moisturizer, which I usually use as a primer, gives my skin a soft glow that lasts all day. The lightweight texture keeps my skin moisturized under a layer of foundation. I also love to use this product with just a hint of concealer; the radiance of the moisturizer mimics a healthy glow from a highlighter! Also, the tube of product is lightweight and easy to travel with. This product, along with others in this line, is a perfect winter essential for dry skin. 

Too Faced “Milk Chocolate Soleil” matte bronzer: This bronzer has been a staple in my makeup collection for years! Since I have very pale skin, an appropriate shade of bronzer was  difficult to find… however, this matte bronzer (in the shade light/medium) gives my skin much-needed color and contour. Even though I use this product all year, it is a crucial step in my daily routine during the winter months! When used with a large fluffy brush, the overall shade of warmth brings shape and definition back into my face. My cheeks and forehead feel sculpted, but they look naturally shadowed.

Laura Mercier “Cheek Canvas” soft cheek palette: This blush palette that I got for Christmas holds six shimmering shades of blushes and blush toppers. The variety of colors allow me to layer the blushes on my cheeks, nose, and eyelids. Personally, I think that blush brings a cute, feminine element to any makeup look. The blushes are pigmented yet can be applied with a light hand for a natural look. I love using a touch of the hot pink shade on the apples of my cheeks and topping them with a pink shimmer highlighter. 

Too Faced “Liquid Glitter” eye shadow: During the winter months, I think it’s very important to keep color and shine as the focal points of one’s face, but finding the time to complete an intricate eye look is difficult… so I found the perfect product! This liquid eyeshadow has the applicator of a lip gloss but glides a metallic shine onto the lids that I quickly press in with my fingers. I have a bronze shade, but since the glitters are multicolored, the overall look of my eyelids look finished and fancy!

Benefit “Bad Gal Bang” mascara: This mascara has become my favorite for this season. The formula adds length and definition to my lashes without the annoyance of clumps. My favorite part about this mascara is that it doesn’t crumble off! I have always had this issue with other mascaras… it’ll look great for a few hours and then end up in tiny bits under my eyes. However, Benefit created a great product that stays in its place on the eyelashes throughout the day, without losing their length and curl. 

Annabelle is a senior at Denison University, majoring in Educational Studies. She enjoys journaling, finding cute coffee shops, and crafting in her free time. On campus, she serves as a board member and social media head for Denison's chapter of Her Campus, so check out our instagram @hcdenison!