This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

Music means a lot to me. It can completely alter or complement my emotions. My favorite way to organize the music I listen to is through different playlists that can direct my energy… Here are three of the playlists I listen to the most! 

grown woman sh!t

Ass Like That / Victoria Monet

Pick Up Your Feelings / Jazmine Sullivan

On & On / Erykah Badu

Doo Wop (That Thing) / Lauryn Hill 

Needed Me / Rihanna 

‘Scuse Me / Lizzo

New Apartment / Ari Lennox

Chicago Boy / Ari Lennoz

BETTY / Jamila Woods

Holy / Jamila Woods 

This is the playlist I put on when I feel confident and independent. It heightens my mood and is often a reminder that I am in charge and responsible for me, myself and I. 

20 something 

Didn’t Cha Know / Erykah Badu

I Gotta Find Peace of Mind / Lauryn Hill 

Good Days / SZA 

20 Something / SZA

Lizzo Hair Flip
Giphy

This playlist grounds me and reminds me that it’s okay to feel off-track sometimes. In our 20s we are not supposed to have everything figured out. 

atlanta

Tricks On Me / Future

Good Drank / 2 Chainz

ATLiens / Outkast

Just How It Is / Young Thug

East Atlanta Love Letter / 6LACK ft Future

Drip or Drown / Gunna

Incredible / Future 

This playlist is a quick compilation of different Atlanta artists that remind me of home and happy memories I created in the city. 

Olivia Ewing

Denison '22

Welcome! I'm an Anthropology/Sociology and Black Studies double major from Atlanta, Georgia. I love listening to music, reading and relaxing in my down time. I'm passionate about social activism and spreading love & positivity. My articles should reflect that :)
Claire is a Cleveland native in her fourth & final year at Denison University and is excited to continue her role as the Co-President for the Denison chapter! While she studies Spanish and Political Science, she loves to write in her spare time. She wants to emphasize topics that she is passionate about, spread positivity and optimism in the world, and connect with people through her writing. When she isn't writing or studying, you can find Claire spending time with her family and friends, staying active, enjoying the outdoors, or listening to music.