This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

If you’re looking for a change in your playlist, look no further than my list of albums that I’ve had on rotation lately! They’ll really help you jam out when you need to let loose.

1. Off to the Races by Jukebox the Ghost –

This is the one CD that I keep in my car. It’s full of summer jams and good vibes. My favorite song off the album is “people go home” because all of summer 2020 I jammed it to work and back when I was upset about spending most of my time at one of my jobs.

2. Young the Giant by Young the Giant- 

I first heard this artist in 2018 or 2019 and I fell in love with them. They have alternative sounds and I thought the lead singer sounded like Patrick Stump when I first heard them. As soon as I discovered them I knew I had to see them live and they put on a fantastic show. It’s a great introduction to the artist and I would recommend it if you want some upbeat and heartfelt music.

3. Digital Druglord by blackbear- 

Why were we all going through a terrible time in 2016? Blackbear also felt this and came back in 2017 with this album in order to help us cope.  It’s a mostly upbeat album and the words are fun to scream along to in the car. I usually play it when I want to feel like an absolute boss or need to sort out my feelings.

Ariana Blow Kiss
Giphy

4. thank u, next by Ariana Grande- 

I was never into Ariana Grande until this album dropped. I played it for months on end. If you need to get over some feelings or just feel empowered Ariana Grande has got your back with this album. It’s just banger after banger and fun to dance around to.

5.  Take This To Your Grave by Fall Out Boy- 

This album sends me right back to my emo phase and I’m not mad about it. I grew up on Fall Out Boy and this album will always hold a special place in my heart. It goes really hard, but you have to be into a little bit of screaming. If you’re looking for some early 2000s alternative this album will fulfill your needs.

Hi! My name is Catlin Cornish and I'm from New York. I'm a Freshman at Dension interested in studying Women and Gender Studies and Art History. In my free time, I love to write, listen to music or podcasts, play instruments, or hang out with friends!
Claire is a Cleveland native in her fourth & final year at Denison University and is excited to continue her role as the Co-President for the Denison chapter! While she studies Spanish and Political Science, she loves to write in her spare time. She wants to emphasize topics that she is passionate about, spread positivity and optimism in the world, and connect with people through her writing. When she isn't writing or studying, you can find Claire spending time with her family and friends, staying active, enjoying the outdoors, or listening to music.