This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

One of my favorite things to do recently is to make playlists that fit the mood of a season. It’s finally starting to get colder, the leaves are changing colors and falling, and Halloween is right around the corner. This means it’s the perfect time to develop my fall playlist. My playlist is full of acoustic, folk, and alternative that makes my favorite season that much better. Here’s a few artists that show up in my playlist repeatedly!

1. I’m With Her

I have been in love with this group since I learned about them last fall in my history of bluegrass class I was taking. This female trio is inspired by/ has similar sounds to that of traditional bluegrass but is more so a folk group. The mix of acoustic guitar, fiddle, banjo, and balanced harmonies between the three makes the music feel so cozy and comforting. Some of my favorite songs that I put on my playlist include “Ryland (Under The Apple Tree)” and “See You Around”.

1. Mom Jeans

This group just goes too hard for me not to put in this playlist. I am a sucker for indie rock and the raw emotion that this group puts into the music just hits me hard. It’s relatable music that feels very authentic. I especially love the songs with the acoustic guitar, it feels like pouring your heart out in your bedroom. The two songs I have featured on this playlist are “Death Cup” and “Movember”.

1. Pinegrove

Big shocker: It’s more indie/ alternative! It’s just something about the emotional vulnerability on the acoustic guitar that gets me. The songs are catchy and relatable. The two songs I’ve been enjoying from this group on my playlist are “Aphasia” and “Angelina”.

That covers a few of my top artists on my fall playlist! I hope you check them out along with my playlist. It’s continually growing and evolving with more artists and songs to come.

Hi! My name is Catlin Cornish and I'm from New York. I'm a Freshman at Dension interested in studying Women and Gender Studies and Art History. In my free time, I love to write, listen to music or podcasts, play instruments, or hang out with friends!