ocean rock formations
ocean rock formations
Gabriella Longo

Mother Nature, The Savior

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

It is now day 25 of my quarantine and I am starting to feel stir-crazy like many of you may be feeling. In these trying times I have come to find the outdoors to be my escape throughout  this uncertain time. Connecting with nature is in some ways a way to connect with your inner self and have some alone time. Feeling the sun bless my wintery skin and letting the cool breeze blow away my anxiety has been what truly holds me together. Mother Nature has been my savior. 

Mother Nature has a way of communicating with the human race. She obviously has not been happy with us and the way we have treated her so now we are being punished in quarantine. Don’t worry though, this is her healing time as we stay indoors and give her some space to recover from the damage we have inflicted upon her. 

I am laying on Landis Green with pink shoes
Musammat Uddin

Emotions are expressed in the forms of weather that Mother Nature creates. You may hear her scream and cry in the night as the wind knocks down trees and rain floods the grass, but this is her way of coping so she can provide the refreshing sunlight and blue skies the next day. Just like us, her feelings ebb and flow so be patient and accept the weather she brings. 

Before humans became so caught up in their busy lives and material things, we used to be more at peace with Mother Nature. This is the best time for each of us to recreate that connection with nature and to develop the same relationship with ourselves. 

So, whether you live in the city or the rural country, find any chance to be outside. Use this time of self isolation to take in all of Mother Nature’s beauty and flaws. Do the same for yourself and you will find a new fulfillment in this uncertain time.

Hi! My name is Gabriella Longo and I am from Cleveland Ohio. I am a sophomore at Denison University, and I am interested in majoring in Psychology with a minor in Women's and Gender Studies, and a Queer studies concentration. I have a strong passion for social justice, I enjoy photography, and I am a fencer at Denison. I joined Her Campus for the opportunity to share my writing as well as enjoy the writing of other amazing female writers. I hope you enjoy!
Claire is a Cleveland native in her fourth & final year at Denison University and is excited to continue her role as the Co-President for the Denison chapter! While she studies Spanish and Political Science, she loves to write in her spare time. She wants to emphasize topics that she is passionate about, spread positivity and optimism in the world, and connect with people through her writing. When she isn't writing or studying, you can find Claire spending time with her family and friends, staying active, enjoying the outdoors, or listening to music.