This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

DISCLAIMER: This article in no way is here to pressure people to wear bras. Go braless, wear a binder, have breast reduction surgery, have breast augmentation surgery, LIVE YOUR LIFE HOW YOU WANT TO

For those of us who elect to wear bras, we all know how difficult bra shopping can be, and how ridiculously expensive they are. The larger the chest the more expensive the bras are! I could go on writing multiple pages on how absurd it is to have to pay to much money just to make sure your breasts don’t smack you in the face while doing jumping jacks. But, that is not what this is going to be about. This article is a plea for people who elect to wear bras: please make sure you are wearing the correct bra size. There are multiple health risks that come with wearing an ill-fitting bra. The one I have personally noticed most being back pain. If you identify with horrible back pain or any other symptoms of an ill-fitting bra is to make sure you are wearing the correct bra size (or a full list visit this link  https://beautyhealthtips.in/health-effects-and-risks-of-wearing-the-wrong-bra-size/)

Now I have had my chest measure to be fitted multiple times and at multiple stores and have come to the conclusion that it is best to measure yourself, at least initially. It already bad enough that sizes do run differently across stores, but I have also experienced store associates telling me that I am a different size just because that chain did not carry my cup size and they wanted to make a sale (as someone who is a sale associate I do understand the pressure to make a sale and do not blame them). Walking into a store with a rough idea of your bra size is immensely helpful to making sure you find a well-fitting bra (visit this link to learn how to measure yourself  https://www.realsimple.com/beauty-fashion/clothing/shopping-guide/how-to-measure-bra-size? ). Do not let yourself settle for something that does not make you feel comfortable and confident. Another tool to arm yourself when bra is a general understanding of sister sizing. By learning your sister sizes (visit this link for further explanation https://www.thirdlove.com/blogs/unhooked/sister-sizes-the-bra-secret-every-woman-should-know) you have added to your selection of potential bras that could fit you.

Bra shopping is a complicated pain so hopefully this article helped you out with your journey for finding a better bra. Although no matter how comfortable a bra has the potential to be the one thing we can all agree on is that the best feeling is taking it off.

Attachments area

Hello! I'm just a normal human living life, just like the rest of you. In my free time I enjoy reading and doing a array of crafts. I'm currently undecided in major but hope whatever I end up doing in life contributed to the positive growth of humankind.
Just an average girl, living in an average world, with an above average love for love.