This Isn’t Instagram

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

If you scroll through your Instagram, you get a full weather forecast of both the sunshine and snowy days before ever leaving your bed. But when it comes to winter, I am not so sure Instagram gives the most accurate presentation. At least for me, the snow covered ground means you’re slipping every three seconds and your nose hair freezes upon impact with the outside air.

Here is a comparison between winter as seen on Instagram and Winter in real life.

Icicles are no Joke:

They make look cool in pictures but they often are life threatening.

P.S. This is a real life message sent from my roommate, Kate McCarthy 

Sophomore Taylor Lifka looks super cute in her beany and North Face but more often I feel like Ralphie when I bundle up for the negative temperatures. 

We’d like to think a snow day is for spinning in circles in the snow but it reality a snow day means its just a little more difficult to do everything.

The view in the snow is often so pretty and you think you will casually take a walk and take a few photos on the way…

Just Kidding, abort abort, man down, I repeat man down.

Thankfully these winter struggle should be ending shortly. I hope you all have made it through safely and can survive the remainder on this small bit of humor.

Laura is a Sophomore at Denison University where she studies communication and spanish. In her free time she watches New Girl and fantasizes about being Jennifer Anniston. She is also a member of Delta Gamma. You can follow her on twitter (@estes_laura) and instagram (laurajestes).
Ellie is a member of the class of 2016 at Denison University.  She is an English major with an emphasis on Creative Writing and a Psychology minor.  From a suburb of Detroit called Beverly Hills, Ellie loves coffee, chocolate, J.Crew, and spends too much time on Buzzfeed.  Along with writing for Her Campus, Ellie is also a member of Kappa Alpha Theta fraternity at Denison. When she's not writing for class or Her Campus, you can find her re-watching The Hills episodes.