How to Christmas Shop for your Boyfriend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

Think Simple: no matter how good or bad the gift, they most likely aren’t going to squeal and kiss you like us girls tend to do upon receiving a gift or surprise. So don’t stress out, a new flannel or a framed picture will honestly be equally appreciated.

Gifts are a great excuse to start dressing your S.O in your ideal male fashion. Like the cardigan your bro was sporting at Thanksgiving? Find something similar, wrap it up and attach a flirty note mentioning how handsome he’ll look wearing it. He won’t be able to resist trying it on and welcoming your ensuing kisses.

Food is always an option. Tell him how to dress and when you will pick him up. Even if it’s just his favorite burger joint, he wont be disappointed.

Think beyond yourself: Football tickets for him and buddy? Deliver pizza and a new video game for a night in with his big brother? Although all the talk of the Holidays is of mistletoe and love, sometimes the best gifts may not include you in the picture at all.

But in the end, he most likely just wants to spend time with you.

Here are some activities you can suggest as your gift to each other:

• Bake cookies (donate some to a shelter or food bank?)
  • Cook your favorite meal together
  • My boyfriend and I like to cook using only ingredients that start with the same, predetermined letter. It makes for a fun challenge.
  • Drive around to see the Christmas decorations while sipping hot cocoa.
  • Go ice-skating.
  • Take a day trip to a nearby city.
  • Buy the popcorn and attach a note “good for a day spent watching movies in our PJs”

The holidays are about joy and happiness. Don’t stress out about finding the perfect gift for your S.O. You should be all the joy and happiness he needs this Holiday season.

Laura is a Sophomore at Denison University where she studies communication and spanish. In her free time she watches New Girl and fantasizes about being Jennifer Anniston. She is also a member of Delta Gamma. You can follow her on twitter (@estes_laura) and instagram (laurajestes).
I'm a sophomore at Denison University from Boca Raton, Florida. I'm a psychology major and when I'm not studying, you can find me walking around campus trying to figure out what to do with this freezing Ohio weather, playing tennis with friends, or just looking for someone fun to talk to!