The Dry Shampoo that SAVED MY HAIR

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

My experience with dry shampoo has been mediocre at best. After trying two different brands that both exploded in my bag, making me look like a woman with a certain corn-starch-like habit, I was fairly done with dry shampoo. The shampoo in those were dispensed like hand lotion, with a squeezable bottle that you rubbed into your hair. I had on more than one occasion put too much in my hair, resulting in some skunk-stripe hairdos. But thanks to Bed Head Rockaholic ™ dry shampoo, I can now delay the inevitable imbalance of shampoo and conditioner. (I swear they fill the conditioner bottles only 3/4ths of the way.)

First thing, it’s in an aerosol can, which keeps it from covering my laptop in white powder, as well as putting some power behind it. I appreciate that I can live out my 80’s hair metal fantasies while I use it. Spraying my hair while listening to Twisted Sister is now my new favorite part of getting ready in the morning.

Second thing, it smells pretty good. Most dry shampoos smell like hairspray and death, which is not something I want to smell like when I’m just sitting in my dorm, let alone in a job interview. Also, my roommate has a really sensitive respiratory system, so certain smells irritate them a lot. The fragrance doesn’t bother them at all.

Third of all, it just works. I’m fairly picky about what I do with my hair. I mean, I’ve had the same person cut my hair my entire life. I don’t want to mess around with a product that dries out my scalp or leaves my hair looking white. This one is something that I definitely recommend!

(Shout out to the Her Campus crew for giving me the dry shampoo and a bunch of other products!)

My name is Katherine (Kate) Voigt. I'm a Theatre major with a Creative Writing minor at Denison University. I've always had a passion for writing and increasing the amount of women in the world of online creating. Feel free to ask me any questions you have!