This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

Dear Mom,

Sometimes you worry too much and you don’t give yourself enough credit. You deserve to know how much you are loved. So, I decided that it was time to tell the world how amazing you are.

You’re my best friend–you’re the person that has always been there, through thick and thin. I feel bad for the girls out there that don’t have a mom like you because I don’t know who I would be if you hadn’t been there. 

A lot of people don’t understand my relationship with you. I call you about 5 times a day, I enjoy coming home (almost) every weekend to spend time with you, and watching Grey’s Anatomy on a rainy day with you is an instant fix. 

You always know how to fix the bad days and somehow, you make my good days brighter. 

You’re pretty much super woman–I mean, you not only mentor and guide kids that don’t have the support they need, but you’re also taking classes to earn your master’s degree, raising a moody 13 year-old teen boy, checking in on your 21 year-old on the daily, and working to better yourself (not like you need it).

Heather Michelle Allen, you’re the most beautiful woman I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing, and that will never change. Thank you for all that you do. I never want you to feel insignificant or “not good enough.” You raised me to push myself, to speak the truth, and to love who I am. 

I want you to love yourself, too. 

I don’t want you to ever forget what you’re capable of. I know sometimes you struggle to see the light inside of yourself, but everyone else can. You shine brighter than any star in the sky and my only hope is that you’ll see it one day, too. 

I’ll be moving to Cincinnati in the fall to attend graduate school. That terrifies me for more reasons than one. But one thing I know for sure is that, no matter how far away I am, I’ll always have you, rooting for me.

Remember how loved you are, even on your worst days. You make me want to be better. I hope that one day, when I have kids of my own, you’re greatness will shine through me. If I’m even half the mom you are, I’ll be blessed.

Don’t ever forget,

I love you a million red M&M’s.

Just an average girl, living in an average world, with an above average love for love.