This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

Dear Dad, 

Mom already received her letter, so it looks like it’s your turn to hear me ramble on about how amazing you are.  

I wanted to thank you…thank you for all that you do for me, Parker, and Mom. We’re so blessed to have you in our lives—to have a Dad that cares so much that he never (and I mean never) stops trying. For some reason, you actually enjoy running around like a maniac, fixing the things I break, picking up the groceries Mom forgot, or dragging Parker to practice. I’m honestly not sure what we would do if we didn’t have you to keep us in line.

I have never met a man that loves his family more than you do. In fact, I don’t think I’ve met a dad that wants to spend all his free time with his kids and wife. For that, I’m eternally grateful. I wonder if it was natural for you, I mean, becoming a father? You do it so well…you and Mom are truly a pair of “super-parents.” Just ask anyone that knows our family, they would agree.

You’ve been with me every step of the way, from dance and piano lessons, to softball, through my injury, and then onto my theater and music career. Now, we even work together at McGraw-Hill. I look at all these moments in my life and I’ve come to realize that you, no matter the situation, whether you like it or not, are there. You will always be there. I cannot imagine my life without you. You’ve shaped me in so many ways, forming me into this person that I could have never become without your influence.

I don’t think that I tell you how much I love you nearly as much as I should. But I do feel it. I feel it every second of every day. When you take the time to print off a million papers that I need for class when my printer is down, when you check to make sure my car is in tip-top shape, or when you call me “just because.”

I don’t know what I did to deserve you as my Dad, but I do know that you were meant for it. I mean that with all my heart.

I love you,

Your daughter, forever and always.

Just an average girl, living in an average world, with an above average love for love.