Check Out the Granville Farmers Market

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

Local veggies, homemade jam, and freshly baked bread are awaiting you at the bottom of the hill! If you’ve never been to the Granville farmers market, jump on the opportunity fast! Every Saturday on the brick section of North Main Street local vendors line the sides of the road to offer up the most delicious produce and baked goods you could imagine. The best part is, there are unlimited free samples! Even if you aren’t looking to make a purchase, the friendly vendors are always willing to let you try their jams, salsas, cheeses, pastries, juices… and did I mention cheeses? This delicious Saturday morning activity will surely satisfy your hunger and allow you to conveniently pick up some fresh local food for your room! It’s a guaranteed step up from sneaking tupper-wear into the dining hall.

I got a chance to speak with some of Denison’s most loyal farmers market attendees. Here is what they have to say:

“For such a small town its so cool how many local vendors there are! Granville has such a quaint community, and going to the farmers market is a great way to experience it.” -Stacey

“Going there to get the local goods reminds me of home. I love being able to get fresh vegetables to cook with in my apartment!” – Lindsey

“I love going to the farmers market to support local farmers. I also love being a part of the Granville community!” – Zoe

“Everyone there just seems so happy! The vendors are friendly and love to see Denison students enjoying the market.” -Annie

If that doesn’t convince you, then maybe the possibility of sampling lemon blueberry jam, vanilla maple syrup, or raspberry chipotle salsa (just a couple of my weekly favorites).

So grab a buddy and a reusable bag (this will fit the environmentally friendly vibe we have going) and head down the hill this Saturday from 8:30-12:00! 

I'm a sophomore at Denison University from Boca Raton, Florida. I'm a psychology major and when I'm not studying, you can find me walking around campus trying to figure out what to do with this freezing Ohio weather, playing tennis with friends, or just looking for someone fun to talk to!