Campus Celebrity: Taylor Lifka

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

Campus Celebrity- Taylor Lifka

Cute, funny, smart and athletic, Taylor is the whole package (with a cute red bow on top.) A freshman from Chicago, Illinois, Taylor loves journaling, swimming, and face timing with her friends.

Being a swimmer at Denison is a serious commitment, but Taylor knows how to work hard in the pool and be a serious student when its time to go to class. Taylor has been swimming for as long as she can remember and she’s loved the sport ever since. Even though she admitted to exploring other options after high school, Taylor says she couldn’t help but return to her life as a swimmer because of the support system it provides and the lessons it teaches her about setting goals and reaching them through hard work and determination. She is so inspirational! One of her favorite quotes is: “Be your own kind of beautiful.” How can you not love this girl?

When she isn’t diving into the pool, you can find Taylor around campus writing in her journal. She loves writing personal reflections and admits that her and her friends write hand-written letters to each other. Within these letters includes a butterfly necklace that they pass around from one friend to the other. Very “Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants” and oh so cute.

Taylor’s plans for the future are even more inspirational than her favorite quote. After graduating from Denison, she wants to work for the Peace Corps and teach. Taylor plans on minoring in Spanish so a “Spanish-speaking country would be ideal” she says. Growing up with so much, she believes it’s her duty to give back. When she returns from the Peace Corps, Taylor wants to either teach Special Ed or become a Therapist. This girl is definitely going to make a positive impact on people’s lives!

Currently battling Mono, Taylor remains positive and bubbly about life. She is eager to return to swimming and we can’t wait to watch her shine as her career as a Denison swimmer evolves. If you don’t already admire Taylor, I will leave you with her other favorite quote from the poem Ulysses, which proves her intellect and thoughtfulness: “That which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will-to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.”

Kaitlin is a sophomore at Denison University in Granville, Ohio. She is currently studying Economics with a minor in Communication. When Kaitlin isn't studying, you can find her attending events for her sorority, Kappa Alpha Theta, writing articles, playing tennis, or watching Bravo obsessively.  As a Bravo fangirl, she would love to meet Andy Cohen.