Campus Celebrity: Megan Puritz ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

By Mihika Agarwal

This week’s Campus Celebrity is none other than Megan Puritz. Megan is a junior Pychology major, Biology minor from Washington D.C. She is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta, Big Brother Big Sisters, N.E.R.D, SHARE advocates, Active Minds club, and works at the Center for Women and Gender Action.

What is your favorite thing about Denison and what made you choose to come here?

The Deer.

If you could only have one food for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?

Chicken fingers, because you can all of your food groups. You can get protein, carbs and ketchup. And it’s delicious.

Where do you see yourself in ten years? What would you like to be doing?

30!! I don’t know. In the future, I want to be a psychologist working with kids in the foster care system. And hopefully have six dogs!

Tell me a random and fun fact about you!

I’m afraid of butterflies, and I love watching surgeries for fun.

What is your life motto/philosophy?

Life is short, eat dessert first!

Who is your idol?

My mom! (that was an easy one!)

What are you most passionate about?

Elephants- saving the elephants.

I am an English Creative Writing and Communication double major from Calcutta, India. And i think the most important thing to know about me is that, I LOVE chocolate! When I'm not working, you can find me walking around campus shivering in this freezing weather, taking pictures, swimming, working out, or just having a conversation with random people!
I am an English Creative Writing major from Los Angeles, California. In addition to my Her Campus responsibilities, I am also the Editor-in-Chief of Denison's student newspaper. I am involved in Greek life on campus as a sister of Pi Beta Phi. I have an insatiable passion for all things Harry Potter. When I'm not in class, you can find me taking long naps, reading, biking or binge watching Netflix.