Campus Celebrity: Hunter Janness ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

This week’s campus celebrity is Hunter Janness, a junior economics major from Troy, Michigan. Hunter participates in many extracurricular activities, clubs and organizations on campus. He sings with the Denison Hilltoppers, he is a resident assistant for Shorney Hall, a member of the student staff in the Alumni Relations Office and he is part of the brass ensemble. He is also the junior editor of The Bullsheet, and he performs with the Denison Independent Theatre Association and the Singers Theatre Workshop. In addition to all of these activities, Hunter is also a teaching assistant in the economics department and he volunteers for Big Brothers Big Sisters and Homelessness and Hunger. He recently started a chapter of No Labels, an organization dedicated to promoting bipartisan efforts in politics. 

If you could only do one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Either eat food or travel. Or eat different foods while traveling.

What is your favorite color?

Blue!

What is your favorite thing about Denison?

The people here, for sure. Though I also love that you can see Swasey from any direction when you’re driving back to campus.

What is a question that you wish someone would ask you?

“Will you be the little spoon?”

Who do you look up to?

When I was little I thought my neighbor from three doors down, Frank, was the coolest guy ever because he would fix cars in his garage and drive them around the neighborhood. I named my teddy bear after him.

What is your favorite food?

SPAGHETTI. And cupcakes.

Where do you see yourself ten years from now?

I’m assuming we’ll still use mirrors in ten years, so that’s where I’ll probably go to see myself.

I am an English Creative Writing major from Los Angeles, California. In addition to my Her Campus responsibilities, I am also the Editor-in-Chief of Denison's student newspaper. I am involved in Greek life on campus as a sister of Pi Beta Phi. I have an insatiable passion for all things Harry Potter. When I'm not in class, you can find me taking long naps, reading, biking or binge watching Netflix.