Campus Celebrity: Ashley Bartreau

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

Ashley Bartreau may very well be the busiest freshman on campus.

On a typical day, Ashley’s alarm goes off at 7:20. Ashley generally hits snooze about three times before she rolls out of her slightly lofted bed. She has to be very careful, seeing as she has an unfortunate tendency of falling off beds. #scary. The best part of Ashley’s day is getting ready with her roommate, fellow Michigan girl, Chelsea Saunders. They exchange warm smiles as they get ready. #aww. If time permits, these roomies sometimes have impromptu Taylor Swift dance parties to really get the day going. After getting ready, Ashley makes her way to Slayter to get some breakfast. Ashley has not let the Huffman closing ruin her packed schedule!

Following breakfast, Ashley goes to Spanish class, where she almost always falls asleep. Then Ashley races to microeconomics, where she enjoys another nice catnap. International politics is Ashley’s third class, where she only sometimes sleeps. Ashley’s FYS is also a winner, as this is one of Ashley’s favorite places to catch some Z’s.

Before you judge, Ashley has good reasons to be so sleepy. She is involved in many activities on campus.  On Mondays and Fridays, Ashley gets to see the delightful faces of perspective students when she leads tours. Ashley runs track and cross country for Denison, and has practice everyday. Ashley has recently taken up steeplechase, where she only sometimes falls down. 

Ashley is a student senator for DCGA, involved in sustained dialogue, on the finance committee, a participant in Listening for Change, and in the Denison Libertarians club. She also went on the Habitat for Humanity retreat over winter break, and loves this club too. #involved.

Ashley was also a dedicated big sister in the club Big Brothers Big Sisters. Unfortunately, last Tuesday her little sister moved to North Carolina without telling Ashley. #ouch. But Ashley won’t let that keep her down! She looks forward to getting a new little sis in the fall.  Ashley is also a member of the Delta Gamma sorority!

When Ashley is not participating in one of her many clubs and other activities, she is having fun! Ashley enjoys long boarding around Denison’s hilly campus. In fact just yesterday, Ashley and Chelsea taught this writer how to long board!  We can now add teaching to one of Ashley’s many gifts.

Getting to Know Ashley Bartreau

Where you from?

Lake Orion, Michigan

What is your favorite food?

The Curtis honeydew or Huffman Corn Beef Hash. #delicious.

What super power do you wish you had? 

Shape shifting.

Writer’s note: After five minutes of in depth research on Google, Ashley decided that shape shifting if the best super power by far.

What animal were you in a different life?

Glass frog. #random.

Writer’s note:

Unlike the perplexing superhero question, Ashley immediately knew her answer here. She answered with the glass frog. Ashley did have an excellent explanation for her choice. The glass frog is transparent, and so is she. Ashley cannot hide her emotions and is an open book.

Scared to approach this super awesome girl? Don’t be! Ashley always has a smile on her face, and loves meeting new people. Need an icebreaker? I got you covered. Ashley is very excited at the moment because her wisdom teeth are coming in. #shessowise. If you see Ashley around campus, ask to see them!. Ashley has a great photo on her phone, and she would be happy to show you.

Denison University Class of 2016!!I am from Dallas, Texas and I am going to school in the great state of Ohio!
Kaitlin is a sophomore at Denison University in Granville, Ohio. She is currently studying Economics with a minor in Communication. When Kaitlin isn't studying, you can find her attending events for her sorority, Kappa Alpha Theta, writing articles, playing tennis, or watching Bravo obsessively.  As a Bravo fangirl, she would love to meet Andy Cohen.