All of the Food I Want to Eat Right Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

I’m always hungry and this is all I want to write about right now. So here’s a list of all the food I really want to eat, but due to location, circumstance, and lack of money, I simply cannot:

1. Decent pizza. I’m sorry, but Denison’s pizza is fine when you want it but isn’t it, you know what I mean? And neither is Donatos or Elm’s. I want Sorrento’s, or TC Lando’s, or something from the North End, or literally anything better than what I’ve been getting so far in Ohio.

2. My grandmother’s spaghetti and turkey meatballs. BEST! MEAL! OF ALL TIME!!!! GOODNIGHT! I have more I want to eat, though. I’m not done yet.

3. Gibbet Hill’s six ounce fillet, medium-rare, with the mac and cheese and glazed carrots on the side. It is the best meal at any restaurant ever, ever.

4. Rein’s Deli matzo ball soup. Some days I would KILL for that soup.

5. My mom’s teriyaki salmon with broccoli. SO GOOD.

6. Rice pilaf. I could eat a whole box of that stuff.

7. Annie’s Mac and Cheese. YKTV. That is all.

8. Cake or cupcakes. Cake is my absolute favorite food of all time, as long as it’s made and done right.

9. Literally anything at Boma. It’s a restaurant inside Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, and it’s buffet-style all you can eat, and you always leave bursting because the food there is AMAZING.

10. The roast duck my uncle cooks at Christmas. He’s an INCREDIBLE cook and he does the duck SO WELL. Is this an excessive use of capital letters? POSSIBLY! 

Red Velvet Cupcakes
Alex Frank / Spoon

That’s all I got. Did this article have a real point? Not exactly, but you now know what foods are always on my mind. Ciao. Or should I say, “chow”? Sorry. Stay fed, gang.

Hey there! I'm a Creative Writing major/aspiring scriptwriter from outside of Boston. I love to write, travel, listen to music, go to concerts, and nap. I still don't know what my spirit animal is.
Claire is a Cleveland native in her fourth & final year at Denison University and is excited to continue her role as the Co-President for the Denison chapter! While she studies Spanish and Political Science, she loves to write in her spare time. She wants to emphasize topics that she is passionate about, spread positivity and optimism in the world, and connect with people through her writing. When she isn't writing or studying, you can find Claire spending time with her family and friends, staying active, enjoying the outdoors, or listening to music.