7 Thoughts We Had About The New Pottermore

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

Pottermore.com, the website created in 2012 to satisfy Harry Potter fans’ continued desires for the series, has undergone a serious transformation over the last few weeks. While it was originally intended to be a “virtual Hogwarts experience focused on Harry’s story,” according to Pottermore-news.com, the site is now dedicated to moving the Harry Potter series into the next era. Now, individuals who visit the website are able to access tons of new content written about the wizarding world by J.K. Rowling herself, although the original Hogwarts-centered design is gone so, as of now, it is no longer an interactive game. However, the site has stated that “We will bring the Sorting Hat back…Soon you’ll be able to find out your Patronus and ponder on what that means, you’ll be able to get a wand and who knows what other magical things we’ll conjure up.” So, Harry Potter fans, if you were already previously sorted into a Hogwarts house on the old version of the site–you may get a second chance at the sorting! The site is also designed for mobile use, so now readers can enjoy the writing on their phones. Now, here were some thoughts we had…

1. OMG, now I can read about Harry’s family’s history? That’s so awesome!

Arguably the most exciting part about this new Pottermore is the story “The Potter Family.”

2. Wait…does that mean there are more stories too?

YES!!!!

3. Where is the login area so I can go check how my Hogwarts house is doing? What do you mean it’s gone?

4. I’m just going to pretend this never happened.

5. Oh wait! They’re going to have another Sorting Ceremony. Okay. Maybe I’ll be in the House I originally wanted to be in (**Not Slytherin**)

6. More Harry! This is going to be awesome!

7. I’m going to tell EVERYBODY!!!!

“Whether you come back by page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.” –J.K. Rowling

I am an English Creative Writing major from Los Angeles, California. In addition to my Her Campus responsibilities, I am also the Editor-in-Chief of Denison's student newspaper. I am involved in Greek life on campus as a sister of Pi Beta Phi. I have an insatiable passion for all things Harry Potter. When I'm not in class, you can find me taking long naps, reading, biking or binge watching Netflix.