5 Reasons Why L.C. is our Ultimate Girl Crush

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

1)    Her style… to die for

Magazine covers, red carpet appearances… each outfit that Lauren Conrad wears, she rocks. Always trendy and always classy, Lauren shows off her California glow and healthy body. But she doesn’t keep her trendy style to herself! No, she designs her own fashion line for us poor, college girls. In 2009, she launched the LC Lauren Conrad clothing line exclusively for Kohl’s. This go-getter did not stop there! LC went on to launch Paper Crown, a classy, clean-cut clothing line featuring flattering pieces that are essential for any simplistic wardrobe. I know where my next paycheck is going.

2)   LC is a feminist

Lo Conrad believes in empowering women. She blogs about staying ahead of the game, how to plan for success, and so much more. She makes a true effort to help women become the best they can be. Her company, The Little Market, focuses on just that through purchasing local products sold by fair trade. But wait, I’m not done… When asked in an interview, “what’s your favorite position?”, Lo simply responds “CEO.” POWER MOVE!

3)   Classy

Lauren Conrad’s composure is truly admirable. In even the most awkward situations (like when she was asked her favorite position), Lo stays calm, cool, and collected. Her outfits never show too much skin. She knows proper social etiquette. L.C. practically created the word class.

4)   Fit and fierce

To rock that awesome wardrobe, L.C. follows a great nutrition and exercise plan. She understands the power of these two elements together, plus the importance of indulging and enjoying yourself. Of course, she has awesome workout gear, which in itself is motivational.

5)   She is goal oriented

Back when L.C. was a drama-centered, boy obsessed teenage girl on Laguna Beach, she knew that opportunity would bring her fame that could stretch into a career. Perseverance and support has led Lauren Conrad to success. She definitely exceeded our expectations and maybe even our perception of what she would be able to accomplish. YGG!

Olivia Wamelink is student at Denison University studying communication's with a double minor in environmental science and women's and gender studies. Her guilty pleasure is a night sitting next to the fireplace, watching rom-coms and eating Ben & Jerry's Phish Food. Some of her favorite things include morning yoga, dusk and dawn, her dog Sayler, pastels (specifiically pink and blue), clean eating, Pinterest, Paige Denim, and a detailed to-do list. Follow Olivia on Instagram: @olivewam
Ellie is a member of the class of 2016 at Denison University.  She is an English major with an emphasis on Creative Writing and a Psychology minor.  From a suburb of Detroit called Beverly Hills, Ellie loves coffee, chocolate, J.Crew, and spends too much time on Buzzfeed.  Along with writing for Her Campus, Ellie is also a member of Kappa Alpha Theta fraternity at Denison. When she's not writing for class or Her Campus, you can find her re-watching The Hills episodes.