The 5 Movies I Will be Rewatching During Quarantine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

The current situation with COVID19 is tough. Although social distancing and self-quarantine may seem like a bummer, the best thing to do is look on the bright side of the situation. During my time at home, I’m going to be relaxing and rewatching some of my favorite movies. Many of these movies are from my childhood and remind me of simpler times, which is exactly what I need right now. Here are the five movies I hope to be rewatching in these upcoming months. 

1. The Simpsons Movie – According to my Dad and I, this movie is a true classic. From the somewhat crude humor to the classic animation of the Simpsons, this movie is perfect in every way. 

2. The new Star Trek movies – My Mom and I are huge sci-fi nerds; we’ve made it our goal to watch every space movie there is. We got hooked on the new Star Trek movies when the first one came out in 2009. These movies are long and action-packed, providing plenty of entertainment to fill a boring afternoon.

3. The Harry Potter movies – I grew up reading the Harry Potter books and watching the movies. My family has grown to love this franchise and the magical world it provides. The eight movies make a great movie marathon spread out over a couple days or weeks. 

4. Studio Ghibli movies – Studio Ghibli movies give you a break from reality and take you to a magical world, which is very appropriate for our current situation. My personal favorite is My Neighbor Totoro, a beautiful and truly timeless movie.

5. School of Rock – Jack Black pretends to be a substitute teacher and forms a rock band in a private school classroom, enough said. This movie has been a favorite of mine for ages and I’m very excited to rewatch it!

Furthermore, technology such as Netflix Party makes it easy for people to watch movies together even when they’re apart. This new extension to Chrome synchronizes a movie or episode, allowing a group of people to watch it at the same time. It also offers a group chat feature where people can chat with each other while watching Netflix. It’s important to stay connected even when quarantined, Netflix Party makes that possible. 

Fiona Schultz

Denison '23

Fiona is a senior at Denison University who works as the Senior Editor and Co-Chapter Coordinator for the Denison Chapter of Her Campus. She is from Minneapolis, Minnesota and is pursuing a History major as well as two minors in Political Science and Environmental Studies. Her favorite pastimes include reading mystery novels, making curated playlists, and catching up on politics.