This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.
Grab the comfy t-shirt and bowl of popcorn to check out some of these hidden gems in the Netflix collection. 

As Cool as I Am 
A movie about friendship, love and the hardships of both: perfect recipe for a quiet night in. 

Stand by Me 
A throwback film from 1986: Four young boys work together to solve a local mystery and along the way learn a little about themselves.
P.S. You might cry. 

6 Years 
A quirky film about a young couple that has been together for six years when suddenly it all seems to fall apart. Disclaimer: Sometimes their fights may make you uncomfortable being that they can be physical. If you are okay, I’d say it’s worth watching. 

What’s Eating Gilbert Grape 
A movie my best friend made me watch sometime in middle school. This movie investigates how to find hope and possibility despite the trials of a dynamic home life. 
Also, watch if you love Johnny Depp

The Great Gatsby 
An oldie but a goodie – I actually haven’t watched it yet but the 1984 adaptation of the movie can be found on Netflix. Fun comparison!
Laura is a Sophomore at Denison University where she studies communication and spanish. In her free time she watches New Girl and fantasizes about being Jennifer Anniston. She is also a member of Delta Gamma. You can follow her on twitter (@estes_laura) and instagram (laurajestes).
I am an English Creative Writing major from Los Angeles, California. In addition to my Her Campus responsibilities, I am also the Editor-in-Chief of Denison's student newspaper. I am involved in Greek life on campus as a sister of Pi Beta Phi. I have an insatiable passion for all things Harry Potter. When I'm not in class, you can find me taking long naps, reading, biking or binge watching Netflix.