10 BEST Study Snacks For College Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Denison chapter.

At this point in the semester, you’re probably exhausted and counting down the days until spring break. Spoiler alert: I am, too. Honestly, it can be really difficult to sit down and study when I know I need to, so I figured it would be beneficial to come up with a cohesive list of the top 10 study snacks. Sitting down and studying may not be enjoyable, but if it is accompanied by a delicious snack, then maybe it won’t be as bad! 

1. Strawberries and Nutella 

This snack has been an absolute go-to recently for me and my friends. It’s absolutely delicious and an easy alternative to making chocolate-covered strawberries. 

1. Popcorn 

Obviously, popcorn is a staple. It might be simple, but it’s easy for any college student to make, and you can add toppings on top to spice it up! 

1. Veggies and Hummus 

A healthy but delicious option. Create a plate of your favorite veggies and share with your friends! 

1. Peanut Butter 

Paired with apples, celery, bananas, or rice cakes, the options are practically endless. As a great source of protein, peanut butter actually has positive effects on your brain, aiding your studying process. 

Popcorn
Hunter Honeg / Spoon
  1. Crackers and Cheese 

A classic, of course, crackers and cheese is a great snack to share with friends. With a variety of crackers and cheeses to choose from, it’s a great and inexpensive option for college students. 

1. Homemade Trail Mix 

A perfect mix of salty and sweet, homemade trail mix is the perfect accompaniment to a study session. Also, eating nuts regularly has been found to improve cognition, learning, and memory! 

1. Bananas 

Bananas are such a versatile snack! Serve on top of yogurt, with Nutella, with peanut butter, or in smoothies. 

1. Chips and Guac 

As a super simple, but tasty snack, chips and guac are one of my go-to snacks. Avocado has also been found to have a positive influence on brain function. So, if you have a lot of memorizing to do, this snack is perfect for you. 

1. Yogurt 

With so many flavors to choose from, yogurt is one of my favorite snacks, especially when topped with fruit and granola! 

1. Granola Bars

Granola bars are a very straightforward snack, but they’re easy for on the go. They’re a great option for study sessions elsewhere on campus. 

Hi! My name is Megan Broderick, and I am a sophomore at Denison University studying psychology and neuroscience. I love to write in my free time, especially about topics I am passionate about or topics that pique my interest. I love hanging out with my friends, family, and dogs, listening to music, and enjoying the outdoors!