This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delhi North chapter.

Everyone has been in circumstances where nearly everything goes wrong and doom descends. All we need at such a time is a little joy and rebirth, and that’s exactly what the best feel-good films need to offer us. Being a couch potato (occasionally) does, after all, save lives, y’all! We’ve put together a collection of the best feel-good movies so you can watch them all at once whenever you need a little sunshine. So let’s get started straight away:)

1. To all the boys series

The plot of this Netflix series, which is based on Jenny Han’s New York Times bestsellers of the same name, is intriguing and startlingly exciting. When she gets a crush on someone, the lead character, Lara Jean Song Covey (played by Lana Condor), writes them a love letter. These are not just any old love letters; rather, they represent Lara’s secretly desired thoughts. In contrast to most teen romances, this one also explores her identity in addition to their summer romance. She is shown in the movie as a typical teenage girl who loves her maternal Korean ancestry and lives in the United States.

She is awkward, reserved, opinionated, confused, and, like most of us, frightened of having her heart shattered. Who doesn’t need a gooey, feel-good teen romance, despite the fact that it seems unreal and too good to be true, right?

2. Jab We Met

Ever since its debut, Jab We Met, even if you pick it up from the middle — the film leaves you feeling content and joyful. It is one of those breezy Bollywood summer movies that makes you smile no matter how many times you watch it, thanks to a restrained performance by Shahid Kapoor, amusing and endearing dialogues, and songs to suit any mood. Safe to say, this film gives us that “Mauja hi Mauja feeling,” the “Nagada Nagada” grove and that “Tum se hi din hota hai” wali vibe. A complete package for the body, mind, and soul indeed! 

3. Wake Up Sid

Unlike Karan Johar’s usual larger-than-life blockbusters, Wake Up Sid is a delightful coming-of-age story condensed in under two hours with just the right amount of romance added to the mix. Whether it’s Ayesha’s and Sid’s first encounter, his learning to perform household chores or Ayesha’s joy when her essay is selected for publication, Wake Up Sid may be the most relatable story of any urban teenager or college goer, which is also why its appeal remains till date. 

4. Qarib Qarib SinglLe

Well, to tell the truth, any movie starring Irrfan Khan is a feel-good movie. From Karwaan to The Lunchbox and Billu Barber, you can choose to watch any of his films that fall under the category of drama, romantic comedy, etc. to seize a fulfilling break. Qarib Qarib Singlle is one of his most underrated movies that not a lot of folks know about. We can vouch you haven’t watched an unconventional romantic comedy like this one and the dreaded exam season can be one of the best times to watch it to ease your tense nerves.

5. Queen

Queen is literally one of the most cherished “queens” of Hindi Cinema. The top-notch cinematography leaves you all subsumed in the narrative. Give this a shot (even if you have watched it earlier) if you want to put your head away from the chaos of your life for two hours and thirty minutes straight! The ultimate resolution of the main character freeing from the imposed shackles in the film is sure to comfort and inspire you with a perfect sense of bliss and liberty.

6. Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani

Do we even need to elaborate on why YJHD is a part of this listicle? Well, if it has been a good amount of time since you last watched it, we’d suggest you give it a go again. We’re sure it will hit you differently this time, as you’d be able to relate to the narrative, even more, having experienced college life and a tad bit of the adversities of life!

Since ye ‘Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara,’ make sure to treat yourself with much-needed pauses in the movie called ‘LIFE’ because who knows ‘Kal ho na ho?‘ <3

Aakriti Sanghi

Delhi North '23

Aakriti Sanghi is a student at Hansraj College, University of Delhi. She is a learner and an ambivert who desires to become the reason due to which people believe in the goodness of others, especially in today's world of polarization where we live and thrive!
Kritika Tomar

Delhi North '23

Kritika is a student of Hansraj College, University of Delhi. She's a sucker for pizzas and rom-coms. She loves cotton candy skies, acoustic music and cats.