Life > Experiences

Open Letter To My Online Friend Who Makes My Life So Much Better

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delhi North chapter.

Dear online friend, 

Thank you. 

Not so long ago, I had lost all hope. I didn’t know what I was doing. I was going through a weird phase of starting my college life without ever having been there. For a minute it felt as if all my dreams were shattered. I didn’t have the slightest sense of what I was doing and figuring it out alone seemed impossible. Life was nothing but chaos until you came along, bringing the calm with you. 

I don’t remember what our first conversation was. Was it our mutual interest/ disinterest towards something or was it a missed deadline, I do not remember. I do, however, remember feeling relieved about having talked to you. For the first time in a while, I did not feel distant or alone. I felt at ease. 

As time went by, we became better friends. The long calls and meetings where we both spilled out all our embarrassing stories slowly became a ritual. And suddenly, the distance didn’t matter. Neither did the fact that we had never met. Because even though I had never really met you, I got the chance to get to know you.  And you, my friend, are amazing.

You cheered me on and believed in my talents. You celebrated each of my victories. You marked my attendance even when I was absent and saved me multiple times from submitting the wrong assignment. When I felt like I didn’t belong, you made me feel at home. 

I know that I don’t say it as much, but my life has become a lot better because you’re in it. So, thank you for always having my back. I promise to have yours too. Always. 

Love,

From the other side of the screen

Zoya Hanif

Delhi North '23

A second-year student at Hansraj College who's always up for trying something new!