This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delhi North chapter.

Have you also caught yourself humming along to “mere dil naal laare ni tu laun waliye..” or do you have superpowers? From forcefully being made to dance to AP’s tunes in parties to every second reel showing up on my feed with #apdhillon, I, too, have found myself bobbing my head along to his every song now. The AP fever is real!

From not being able to vibe to ‘brown munde’ in the car to me writing an article on my favorite AP Dhillon lyrics, I have come a long way. So if you too are a newfound fan or have been jamming to his music since the release of ‘Fake,’ read about these to-be viral AP Dhillon lyrics!

Excuses

“Mere dil naal laare ni tu laun waliye 

Dil tera jado tutuga tan pata laguga”

(The ones that give excuses to my heart,

You’ll only understand once your heart breaks too)

Yes, let’s start with the most popular one, of course! How many times have you wanted to tell someone giving you a hard time about not being able to move on that they aren’t able to understand what you’re going through and you too would only wish for this to end? Well, the wait is over for the perfect line. To sum up this ‘can you just let me miss my ex and be miserable’ feeling, just play ‘Excuses’ and let them be. 

Saada Pyaar

“Oh sadda pyaar aida da si ho gaya 

Jidda unglan cho retan gir jaanda”

(Oh how our love has become like this- 

Like sand, which slips through fingers)

This song just captures the essence of how sometimes the tighter you hold onto something, the more it gets further from you. Sometimes you just have to learn to let things go for yourself, accept the loss and feel your feelings.

Tere Te

“Shartan Laun Kuware , Ni Munde Tere  

Oh Shartan Laun Kuware , Ni Munde Tere Te”  

(The bachelors are placing bets on you, Boys on you  

Are placing bets, the bachelors –  Boys on you) 

🚩🚩🚩🚩- When all the entire world is advocating for is people, especially women, to not be treated like objects here come to our bachelors placing bets on women. This flag’s redder than ‘Sham Da Rang Kyun Lal’. I mean, all of us have ignored red flags at some point but this is the year for us to keep them only to these songs and away from our love lives <3 cheers to finding what’s best for us! (I hope the girl in this AP song does too 🥰) 

Kinj Kara Tareef

“Ankha wich neendar na paindi 

Dil Wich Aa Bechaini Te” 

(There’s no sleep in my eyes  

And only restlessness in my heart) 

I’m going to end this article with a cute quote from another of A.P’s hit song ” Kinj Kara Tareef.” It talks about that feeling when you’re hopelessly falling for someone and their thoughts give you the warmest feelings ever. The lyricist for this song gives hopeless romantics the perfect song to jam to, although maybe not at 2 a.m at night 😬.

So here it is! An attempt at being able to finally understand the meaning of the songs that live in my head ~rent free~ these days. Maybe I’ll go to the next AP concert now, after all I can finally sing along to Brown Munde without butchering its lyrics!

Ananya Mittal

Delhi North '24

Ananya is a first-year student at Hindu College, pursuing economics in her coming years at Delhi University. She is working towards fulfilling her dream to work at the United Nations and other international organisations hoping to create change in the world, for the better. Another dreamier dream of hers is to work at a magazine like Scarlet from 'The Bold type' and that, apart from many other things, is what brings her to Her Campus. When idle, she likes to sing along to Taylor Swift, talk till someone tells her to stop (not), dance like no one's watching and get lost in the world of books. She loves cheesy story-endings, sunsets and soup. She strongly advocates for egalitarianism, environmental conservation and a better and safer world for humankind in every way possible.