This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

Personally, I am happiest when I’m at a concert. There’s nothing like the feeling right before the headlining artist walks onto the stage, when all the lights go down and the crowd erupts in cheers. Because of COVID, it’s officially been a year since I went to my last concert, so I spent hours going through my camera roll, looking at pictures and videos from each concert I’d been to. Even though each one has a special place in my heart, I decided to come up with a list of the  best five concerts I have been to. 

5. Shawn Mendes – August 17, 2017

I went to this concert right when I started becoming a big Shawn Mendes fan. It was also my first time going to a concert and not sitting with an “adult”, which was a HUGE deal to 2017 Anika. He played songs from his album that were considered “new” at that time, but also throwback songs which I loved. 

4. The Jonas Brothers – November 22, 2019

This night was AMAZING, and such an adventure from start to finish. I went from being in class at UD to getting on a train, where my roommate did my hair and makeup, to meeting my sister at the Prudential Center. The Jonas Brothers basically played the soundtrack of my childhood, and I swear I almost passed out when I realized that I was in the same room as Nick Jonas (the love of my life)

3. AJR – November 15, 2019

An experience that I’ll literally remember forever. My friends and I took an Uber to Philadelphia and stood in the cold for hours waiting in line, but that all paid off when we got inside and discovered that we were only inches away from the stage. The crowd was amazing, and AJR made the concert feel like I was living in a movie.

2. Taylor Swift – July 11, 2015

If you know anything about me, you’re probably shocked to see that this concert is in second place instead of first. The only thing that knocked it down a peg was the fact that I was basically in the second to last row of the entire stadium. Nonetheless it was one of the most memorable moments of my life. Every person in the audience had bracelets that lit up to the beat of her songs, which was a perk of being so high up, since I could see the whole crowd. I would do literally anything to relive that night, from the 12 p.m. tailgate to the 1 a.m. train ride home, and everything in between.

1. Halsey – October 14, 2017

The best concert of my entire life, and I don’t know if everything will ever top it. My sister got the two of us floor seats for my 16th birthday, and we somehow made our way to the aisle of the floor. Long story short, Halsey ran through the crowd and touched our hands (Fun fact: she has very dry hands, I had to mention that) and I swear I cried for days afterwards. That concert gave me a feeling that no other one had before; it just made me look around and think “there is no way that this is my actual life right now.” I can’t wait to feel it again someday when concerts can happen.

Anika Jaggi

Delaware '23

Anika is currently a junior at the University of Delaware, majoring in Marketing and Management. Some of her interests include dancing, fashion, exploring new genres of music, & spending time with her friends and her dog.
Contributor account