This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

If you are thinking about rushing, I’m here to tell you to do it! If you just went through rush and got so ill because of it, we’re in the same boat. Below I have a list of tips and things to know for sorority recruitment at UD and everything you need to know:

1. Don’t let what other people say influence your decisions

People who go into rushing with an open mind are the ones who end up being the happiest with their final sorority. You will 100% hear girls talking about all of the sororities and saying rude things about them. You have to remember that this is your process and you have to go with your gut, not with what anyone else thinks.

2. You should become friends with the girls in your rush group

In the beginning, you’ll be put into a group of around 30 girls who you will be with the first two days of rushing. Talk to as many of these girls as you can. Get their Snapchats, phone numbers and more so you will always have someone to meet up with to get to the different locations throughout the two weekends. 

3. There will be lots of waiting, so wear comfy shoes

I didn’t know this before, but there will be so much waiting. You have to wait to get your schedules on an app for each day. You have to wait during breaks. And you have to wait in lines outside of each room for at least 15 minutes. Wear comfortable shoes!

4. There is a sorority for every girl

After going through this process, I realized how different each sorority is in the best way and that there is one for everybody. There is no one type of girl in sororities at UD. They are full of unique girls.

5. You will get sick and will be extremely sleep-deprived

I can almost guarantee you will get sick and/or lose your voice at least once during one of the weekends. It’s so exhausting, but it’s worth it and you will be equally as busy once you are in the sorority with new member events, so it’s best to get used to it now.

Hally La Fronz

Delaware '23

Hally La Fronz is a sophomore from NYC with a COMI major and a minor in journalism. Some of her favorite things to do are writing, going on adventures, and hanging out with friends.
Contributor account