Wellness

Simple Ways to Celebrate the End of the School Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

We’re probably at that point now where I don’t even have to talk about how strange this past year has been. You already know. Nonetheless, we’ve reached the end of another school year spent at home or stuck in our dorm rooms. Anticlimactic. That’s how I would describe the feeling of turning in that last assignment from my bedroom. So, what now? Below, I’ll explain just a few ways to make the end of your semester worth completing. 

Exhale

I know, I know. You know how to breathe. But you just finished another semester of school, and one of the easiest things you can do for yourself is to roll out that tension in your shoulders and take a deep breath. Close your tabs, ignore those UD emails and revel in the feeling of not having a module quiz or virtual lab to complete. 

Relax

Self-care is extremely important always, but it’s especially important after finals week. One of my favorite ways to relax is to prepare a warm bath, complete with lavender bath salts and a bluetooth speaker for blasting my favorite songs. If you’re brave enough, you can even watch Netflix from your laptop or phone. Other ways to give yourself that extra boost include putting on a face mask of any kind to hydrate your skin, painting your nails or taking that nap you’ve been thinking about all day.

Indulge Yourself

Don’t hold yourself back from doing the things that you love. Go buy yourself that pint of ice cream! Put on the cheesiest or the most nostalgic movie you can think of, lay back in bed and give yourself an entire day without restrictions (besides the ones that are necessary, of course). Watch movies or TV shows because you want to, not because they’re highly acclaimed. Take pictures of anything you want without the pressure of posting them on social media. Do some online shopping. Do whatever it is that makes you happy.

This semester hasn’t been easy. Whether you’re a first-year student or a graduating senior, I’m incredibly proud of you and everything you were able to accomplish. Go get some sun, and give yourself a break for a little while. You deserve it.

Martina is a Sophomore at the University of Delaware, majoring in English. She loves reading, writing, making playlists, and spending time with her dogs.
Contributor account