This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

I have been binge-watching a lot of Real Housewives of Orange County, Atlanta, and New Jersey throughout the pandemic. I noticed how they always go to upscale restaurants, for example, Rails Steakhouse in New Jersey, SOL Mexican Cocina in California, and Davio’s Northern Italian Steakhouse in Georgia. I know that I’m not at that stage of my life to endure that glitz and glamorous lifestyle, however, I can fake it until I make it. Here are four restaurants that I feel would fit the high-end style of a real housewife.

1. Morimoto

Morimoto is a Japanese sushi restaurant located at 723 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19106. Reservations are needed for a table at this hotspot. This restaurant has beautiful glowing modern decor, which complements traditional Japanese and Westernized food techniques. The luminous decor would look radiant and beautiful for an Instagram picture. This restaurant is also allowing dine-in, curbside pickup, and non-contact delivery, which is a plus.

2. Old Rose

Old Rose is an Italian cafe, restaurant, and bar located in the Jane Hotel on the first floor. This restaurant can also be found in the Meatpacking District of New York. The address is 113 Jane St, New York, NY 10014. Old Rose is open for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and late-night dining. What’s great about this restaurant is that they like to use local products and produce. You can find the restaurant using local craft beers on tap, natural wines, and specialty cocktails at the bar. This restaurant would look like a cute place for brunch and would be a perfect photo opportunity.  At Old Rose, reservations are not required, but they are helpful. 

3. Gianni’s At The Former Versace Mansion

The Versace Mansion was owned by the talented Italian fashion designer Gianni Versace. Sadly he was murdered in 1997. In 2013, his mansion was purchased at auction and sold for $41.5 million. Today it is run by Victor Hotels Management as the Villa Casa Casuarina.  The hotel is located at 1116 Ocean Dr, Miami Beach, FL 33139. At Gianna’s Restaurant, the food consists of Italian and Mediterranean and a wide wine list. This upscale restaurant requires a reservation.  Although this place may be pricey, my tip would be to eat a light meal before so you don’t break the bank. 

4. Taquero Mucho 

Taquero Mucho is a Mexican restaurant located at 508 West Ave, Austin, TX 78701. This popping pink place is perfect for brunch. You can even buy some cute merchandise, and if you forget a mask, don’t worry. They sell pink rhinestone masks onsite. What’s so unique about this restaurant is not only its atmosphere, but its pink tacos, pink margaritas, and their Instagram famous Anti-Bitch Juice.

Hopefully, this restaurant guide can be an excuse to travel to these places and take some cute pictures for Instagram. It’s never too late to live out the lifestyle you want. Always remember the words of Jennifer Aydin, “Whoever says, ‘Money can’t buy happiness’ clearly doesn’t have my credit limit!”

I'm from Bristol, PA and I'm a junior at the University of Delaware. My major is political science with a minor in legal studies. I enjoy traveling, listening to music, and cooking.
Contributor account