This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

Pixel Art3.5/5

Pixel Art is definitely one of my favorite apps whether I’m wasting time or just relaxing. It has all of the benefits of therapeutic coloring but without the hand cramps that come with holding colored pencils for hours on end. 

Pros: endless images to color, free, can upload your own pictures to color

Cons: ads interrupt coloring sometimes, can drain phone battery really fast 

2048 – 4/5

2048 is one of my favorite online games to play, especially in class on my laptop…But I also enjoy it outside of class. I love using 2048 to distract myself or when I need a break since my games are usually quick (I’m not very good). 

Pros: easy game, can be very mindless or incredibly thought out

Cons: the app is a little glitchy and can freeze

Twitter – 3.5/5 

Don’t get me wrong I love Twitter and I spend a lot of time on the app, almost too much time. I can definitely spend hours just mindlessly scrolling through and refreshing my feed, which is why I’m ranking it a 3/5 – Twitter, please get less addicting and interesting, sincerely me and my free time. 

Pros: endless content on a variety of topics 

Cons: if you’ve ever used Twitter, you know what the cons are

Tiktok – 3/5 

Honestly, the same thing as Twitter. Twitter is only ranked higher because Tiktok is audio-based which means I need my headphones if I want to waste time in public and sometimes I am forgetful and I don’t have mine, which makes Tiktok slightly less accessible in terms of wasting time. 

Pros: endless content on a variety of topics, funny audios

Cons: it will never replace Vine (RIP), requires headphones in public (at least if you want to be a considerate person)

Tinder – 2.5/5 

Okay, you’ve caught me – I like to treat swiping on Tinder like it’s a game. If you’ve ever matched with me, I’m sorry. Tinder can definitely be entertaining with funny bios and pictures, but it can be a little awkward in public in the case that the person you just swiped left on is in line behind you at Starbucks – re: that tweet about the girl who swiped left at the airport and the guy was sitting behind her and saw it. 

Pros: can swipe pretty mindlessly, you may match with someone you actually like

Cons: involves real people, may require you to have conversations

Caitlin is a Senior at the University of Delaware. Her major is International Relations and she has minors in History, International Business, and Social Justice. When she's not writing for Her Campus you can find Caitlin running around campus (most likely with an iced coffee in hand) or with her friends.