IMG 1179jpeg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
IMG 1179jpeg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Addison Reich

Profile on the Goodest Boy Ever: Meet BO

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

Recently, I lost a very important member of my family. He was sweet, loving, sassy and so fluffy. My dog, Bo, was the “goodest boy” even if he did get grumpy sometimes. We had a special relationship apart from anyone else. I would antagonize him, and in return, he would growl but never bite me. No matter how much I irritated him, he was still always there for me. Bo was compassionate and was always by my side in my saddest times.

In missing Bo, I decided I wanted to talk to him one last time. I conducted a séance in my apartment with my roommates. After some lit candles, dim lights, and hand holding, we got a response. Here is the conversation transcript on the interaction.

Addison Reich: “Bo, are you there?”

Bo: “Yes, I am here.”

AR: “I miss you so much. I am so sorry for always messing with you and making you growl.”

Bo: “I miss you too. Yeah, you annoyed me a lot, but it was ok because it was our thing. I would get sassy with you and pretend I didn’t like it. But you know I would always be there for you.”

AR: “I know. You were always there for me. I know you hate cuddles, but whenever I was sad, you let me give you hugs anyway.”

Bo: “Of course I would, because if I didn’t, I knew you would probably dress me up in clothes as punishment and I didn’t want that.”

AR: “Yeah, you’re right. Do you remember your Christmas sweater? You were so fat that year, I thought the seams were going to burst.”

Bo: “I was not fat…I was fluffy. And, I looked adorable.”

AR: “I know you did. I wish I could I pet you one more time. You were the best dog. What was your favorite memory?”

Bo: “There isn’t one memory that I love more than the other. I just loved the holidays because all my humans would come home. When everyone moved out, it was just me, mom and dad. I missed my human siblings. Christmas was my favorite because I got to eat so many table scraps.”

AR: “I’m sorry I didn’t come home too often. I just got so busy with school and work. But you will always be my puppy. I love you.”

There you have it. My unusual interview with an unlikely subject. To everyone that has lost a pet, I feel your pain and I offer my condolences. This holiday season, remember them. Because, unlike friends, or family, pets never talk back, are always loyal and always look up to you. They are important parts of families and should be valued highly. I miss my dog every single day and no other pet will ever replace the spot in my heart that he has filled. Spend time and appreciate them.

Happy Holidays!

Addison Reich is a lively, fun and energetic girl of 21 years old. She is a Junior Psychology major with a Minor in Health & Wellness at the University of Delaware. Ad started as Udel's junior editor, but has since worked her way to becoming their Co-CC! Addison loves to write articles about personal experience and opinion. She transferred from a different university in the fall of her sophomore year, leaving behind a volleyball scholarship, but not her passion for sports, as she is working on becoming a sports psychologist. She also loves hunting, singing and Taylor Swift. If you notice, it's her token to add a picture of Swift in every header of her articles. Keep on the lookout for the next one!
Kaylee is the former President and Editor in Chief for Her Campus at the University of Delaware. She held this title from 2017-2020 and wrote for Penn State's chapter as a contributor prior to this. Now a proud UD class of 2020 alum (B.A. in Public Policy and Writing), Kaylee is completing her Masters in Public Health. Aside from writing, Kaylee was involved in many activities as an undergrad. She wrote for three college publications, was a Blue Hen Ambassador tour guide, worked as a Starbucks barista, and was the Director of Operations for the Model United Nations at UD.