Style > Beauty

Innisfree Cica Balm Imperfection Care with Bija Seed Oil face cream

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

Finding skincare products that work with your skin can be a struggle. The amount of times I’ve bought a skincare product hoping that it would do what it says on the bottle, only to have it do nothing (or worse, break me out), is frustrating. So, when I planned to review the Innisfree Cica Balm Imperfection Care with Bija Seed Oil face cream, I was very skeptical.

Review

The Innisfree Cica Balm Imperfection Care is a face cream that promises to strengthen the skin’s protective barrier and improve the look of uneven skin texture. That’s a tall order for my skin, as I have sensitive skin and acne scarring. The consistency of the cream is similar to that of a silicone pore-filling primer, which felt very nice to apply and went on smooth. I thought that because it felt so similar to a primer, the cream would clog my pores, but that could not have been further from the truth. I applied this both in the morning and at night, and I quickly noticed that my face felt smoother, even when I applied makeup on top of it. Sometimes, I will shave the peach fuzz off of my face to make my foundation look smoother, but I was genuinely surprised to find out that this cream ended up giving the same effect without having to shave.

I also noticed that I had less visible dry patches on my face in the mornings after applying the cream the night before. I am currently on a prescribed acne medication that dries out my skin immensely, and I found that not only did this Cica Balm cream help smooth over some of my dry patches, it helped lock in my moisturizer and other products that I put underneath it.

Conclusion

To be honest, I was very pleasantly surprised with how the Innisfree Cica Balm Imperfection Care with Bija Seed Oil face cream worked on my face. I was not expecting a product to show almost immediate results that I was happy with. I am happy and relieved to know that this product works well under makeup, as well as on its own. I would recommend this product to anyone who could use a little help in improving their skin’s texture, or is having a hard time locking in moisture.

Art Major at UD
Kaylee is the former President and Editor in Chief for Her Campus at the University of Delaware. She held this title from 2017-2020 and wrote for Penn State's chapter as a contributor prior to this. Now a proud UD class of 2020 alum (B.A. in Public Policy and Writing), Kaylee is completing her Masters in Public Health. Aside from writing, Kaylee was involved in many activities as an undergrad. She wrote for three college publications, was a Blue Hen Ambassador tour guide, worked as a Starbucks barista, and was the Director of Operations for the Model United Nations at UD.