Well, maybe not 10 years, but nearly there! I got my first perfume at a birthday party grab bag, and was immediately obsessed with the scent. The PINK, “More Pink” perfume was a body mist with scents of Velvet Vanilla and Snowdrop Orchid, and for under $20, it surely smelled expensive. Plus, it smelled just like my babysitter’s Burberry Perfume, and I looked up to her as only a young child could to her role model (Hi Kristen!). As it began to run out, I held on to that perfume with the hopes I’d find it’s doppelgänger one day. It probably expired ages ago, but I waited and waited.

Last August, I returned to school with a bag full of Delaware-themed gifts from my mom. All in yellow or blue, I looked through and appreciated each and every snack, makeup product, word search and coloring book, all up until I found a yellow cylinder perfume. A PINK perfume. I opened it up, not expecting much until the smell of “More Pink” filled my nose. It didn’t look the same by any means, but I was pleasantly surprised. “Golden Pear” is my new old favorite scent, with different packaging and notes of Juicy Pear and Raw Honey instead of Velvet Vanilla and Snowdrop Orchid.

I may have to wait another 10 years for the next doppelgänger scent from PINK, but run and get “Golden Pear” in the meantime!

Colette Brancaccio is a current senior at the University of Delaware. She is studying Elementary Education with a Concentration in Special Education. She enjoys reading, going for runs, & random dance parties. She is also the Founder and Owner of BHive Designs, a growing business that provides inventive & affordable gifts for any occasion while promoting service to the community.