IMG 0027JPG?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
IMG 0027JPG?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Kaylee Giacomini Photography

How to Spend 6 days On the Amalfi Coast: a Photoessay

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

The Amalfi Coast is often a destination that travelers from near and far dream of visiting someday. It is romanticized in film and on TV as the epitome of beauty and lush seascapes, and much of this visualization is true. That being said, the Amalfi Coast is far more than a breathtaking drive and the best Limoncello in the world. Dream no further, start planning your vacation with this itinerary in mind. 

1. Start your journey in the Amalfi-adjacent fishing town and village of Sorrento. Sorrento is the lemon capital of Italy and with its adjacency to Naples, it has some of the best Pizza on the Coast. Be sure to end your meal with a shot of Limoncello. 

2. After exploring Sorrento, venture across the Mediterranean to the nearby island of Capri. 

While there, take a boat tour around the island.

Also be sure to head up to Anacapri and Mount Solaro, the top-most point of the island and admire the yachts from way up in the sky. 

Enjoy a Spritz Capri, a popular sister drink to the Spritz Aperol made with Limoncello from the island instead of the typical orange digestive. 

3. Take a day trip from Sorrento to visit the ruins of Pompeii and hike up Mount Vesuvius, the volcano that decimated the town thousands of years ago. 

4. Head down the Coast to Positano, the postcard town on the Amalfi Coast. Kayak the crystal clear waters and try out a caprese salad made with fresh locally grown tomatoes.

5. Visit the smaller, less tourist visited town of Praiano and explore some of their beaches. Stay in a hotel overlooking the gorgeous Mediterranean and enjoy dinner with a view in this picturesque village.

6. Go shopping in the Amalfi Coast’s namesake town, Amalfi and then take a bus up to Ravello, the highest town on the Amalfi coast. What Ravello lacks in sea access it makes up for in sprawling views and a breathtaking botanical garden.

Enjoy your vacation, Collegiettes!

Kaylee is the former President and Editor in Chief for Her Campus at the University of Delaware. She held this title from 2017-2020 and wrote for Penn State's chapter as a contributor prior to this. Now a proud UD class of 2020 alum (B.A. in Public Policy and Writing), Kaylee is completing her Masters in Public Health. Aside from writing, Kaylee was involved in many activities as an undergrad. She wrote for three college publications, was a Blue Hen Ambassador tour guide, worked as a Starbucks barista, and was the Director of Operations for the Model United Nations at UD.