Everything You Need to Know About the Comeback of Justin Bieber

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

Whether you like to admit it or not, we all had a crush on Justin Bieber in elementary school, middle school, and for some of us, high school and college. (Totally NOT me…) For some reason back in 2009, we all thought that a 15-year-old teenage boy with the terrible haircut was the one we were all going to marry. From his original hit, “One Time”, to selling out arenas, having world tours, and winning over the hearts of many, Justin Bieber basically fell off the face of the earth back in 2017 when he canceled the remaining shows on his Purpose Tour. At the time I personally bought tickets to one of his last shows but when I found out it was canceled I did some research to get down to the bottom of this mystery…

In 2017 Justin Bieber made a very long Instagram post apologizing to his fans and the hundreds of thousands of people who were no longer seeing him on tour. He admitted he was battling depression. At the time he was only 23 and considered himself to be “worn out” and “super exhausted”. He felt as though after 150 shows, 18 months, and visiting 6 continents, touring had taken a major toll on his mental and physical health. Justin made sure his fans knew that he just really needed a break.

After 3 years of not hearing Justin Bieber on the radio, the news, or even trending on twitter he finally came out with many big announcements towards the end of 2019. He was releasing his “Changes” album, a documentary on YouTube, and most importantly for us Bieber fans, going back on tour. As you can imagine and probably saw, any social media outlet that day was insane, it was the most Justin Bieber had been talked about in years. On the day of his ticket presale, hundreds of thousands of people were on StubHub, Ticketmaster, etc. trying to buy the best seats possible. Ticket prices have skyrocketed, he is on the radio every five minutes, back at the top of the charts on Apple Music and Spotify, and once again trending on Twitter. I don’t know about you but I think the return of Justin Bieber is back and I am here for it. 

Brooke Barrett

Delaware '23

Hi everyone! My name is Brooke Barrett and I am from South Jersey. I'm majoring in Cognitive Science at the University of Delaware to eventaully become a Speech Language Pathologist. Some of my hobbies include spending time with friends and family, going shopping, Starbucks, and anything summer. Look forward to working with you all!
Contributor account