This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

If you are like me, you can waste hours looking at videos on TikTok. It is the new Vine of 2020. There’s something on TikTok for everyone. There’s comedy, animals, art, cosplay and so much more. But what is the best of TikTok?

Animals

There is nothing cuter than sweet little puppies. There are hours of puppies being cute, dogs being stupid or even a lizard named Margo who someone confused with Wells Fargo. You could be looking for pure cuteness or animals being funny and you’ll be able to find it on TikTok.

Celebrities

The Jonas Brothers, Lizzo and even Reese Witherspoon all have TikTok accounts. It is just another way for them to connect to their fan bases and for their fan bases to see more of the celebrities’ personalities. Also, celebrities can recreate famous scenes that they are known for such as the Jonas Brothers recreating scenes from Camp Rock and making our childhoods complete. Also, the Wiggles have a TikTok so take what you will. 

Artists

The unsung heroes of TikTok are the artists on the platform. People show off their artistic skills with drawings, paintings and animations. People draw pictures to match the sound, and even redraw famous cartoons as if they were made today. Drawing, painting and animating are no easy feats and putting their artwork out for people to judge is a scary thing to do.

Comedy 

The real reason anyone really goes on TikTok is to laugh. People put out all kinds of content to try to make you laugh, whether it is someone doing something stupid, someone making jokes or recreating a famous scene with the sound from the scene. Some of the best include people recreating scenes from The Office, using songs from Phineas and Ferb and people just being absolutely hilarious.

There is something on TikTok for everyone. Nobody will say no to seeing a cute little puppy, a drawing of Baby Yoda or two people in giant silver tubes walking around a college campus. So go forth and spend hours on a Friday night scrolling through videos while switching back and forth with Snapchat.

Darby Morgan

Delaware '23

My name is Darby Morgan. I am from Coatesville, Pennsylvania, where I attended Coatesville Area Senior High. I was the school's talaria editor, captain of the track and field team and part of the ping pong club. I love photography, reading and watching Netflix. I am a mathematics major and psychology minor at the University of Delaware.
Contributor account