ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

2021 Summer Bucket List Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Delaware chapter.

As the semester comes to a close, the only thought on my mind while attempting to study for finals is summer. We’ve all worked so hard throughout the past few months, and now it’s finally time to take a breather and enjoy the summer. There are endless possibilities and opportunities as to what summer will bring, but here are 5 things that will definitely be incorporated into my summer.

1) Going to the beach

Obviously, it’s not summer without going to the beach. Honestly, I’ll never understand people who don’t enjoy going. Any free day I have, you can find me driving down to the Jersey Shore.

2) Attending an outdoor concert

Throughout the pandemic, concerts have always been what I’ve missed most. However, now with the ability to hold them outside and with vaccination rates going up, I’ve already started making a list of tickets I need to buy. P.S. If you didn’t know, the Jonas Brothers are going on tour this summer!

3) DIY decor

This may just be specific to my roommates and I, but we are way too excited to start making decor for our house next semester. I’m not even being dramatic when I say that we have an Excel spreadsheet for all of our decoration ideas. 

4) Traveling

Although traveling might not be back to the full extent we’d like it to be, road trips and quick weekend getaways are still easily doable. One thing I want to prioritize this summer is visiting some of my extended family and my college friends that don’t live near me.

5) Bonfires

Some of my favorite memories from last summer are the many nights that my friends and I would spend gathered around my firepit, talking and laughing for so long that we would lose track of time. Those moments really capture the essence of summer for me, and I can’t wait to do it again.  

Whatever you choose to do this summer – whether it includes ideas on this list or not, –enjoy it. Make every moment count because before we know it, we’ll be right back at syllabus week yet again.

Anika Jaggi

Delaware '23

Anika is currently a junior at the University of Delaware, majoring in Marketing and Management. Some of her interests include dancing, fashion, exploring new genres of music, & spending time with her friends and her dog.
Contributor account