This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DCU chapter.

It’s officially the Christmas season.  The cold weather and anticipation-filled spirit of the holidays add a special level of love and romance to this season. So why not use this time to do something special with your loved ones? Whether it’s with your boyfriend, girlfriend or even just a  well-needed catch up with a friend, here are a few ideas to get you started.

Go for a Hot Chocolate date

Or better yet, go on multiple hot chocolate dates. Dedicate an evening in town to find the best hot chocolate your town has to offer. Maybe get one to share though as we don’t need anyone getting sick. After, why not treat yourselves to a Christmas movie night because who doesn’t love a bit of cheese to end a night with anyway?

Ice Skating

This is a CHRISTMAS MUST. Okay, it really isn’t, but still, it is a very cute and classic winter date. No matter what your level of skill is and let’s face it, is anyone actually good at ice skating unless they’ve been practising their whole lives? So find that pop up outdoor ice skating rink and prepare to recreate your very own scene from the latest romantic holiday movie.

Explore Christmas markets

Christmas markets are quite possibly the most visually pleasing sight to take in this season. Tasty homemade hot chocolates being handed to you, stalls selling festive Knick knacks, ‘Winter Wonderland’ blaring as you stroll from stall to stall, while the scent of mulled wine and freshly baked Christmas cookies fills the air. Plus free entry, you’d be crazy not to go!

Take in all the Christmas lights

Take a trip to Dublin’s must-see ‘Wild Lights’ at Dublin Zoo running until Sunday, 5th January. However, if you can’t make it, no need to fear, as you can still get the same experience by going on a winter’s stroll in your hometown, taking in all the lights they have to offer while sharing Christmas traditions.

See a Christmas show or concert

Yes, that’s right, Panto’s are not just for children people. Check out the Gaiety Theatre’s Panto ‘Aladdin’ this Christmas, running until 19th January. With a stellar cast and storyline, this is sure to be an exciting night out. If that’s not your fancy, Try ‘The Retro Drive-In Movies’, where you can catch Christmas classics such as Home Alone In Concert, Elf and The Polar Express running across December. What are you waiting for, get on that buzz!

Happy Holidays people xx

You are capable of amazing things ✨