Style

What to wear this virtual Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DCU chapter.

Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and for most of us it’s the perfect time to get dolled up and spend time with our significant other. With Ireland still being in lockdown you might think all is lost but it’s the best time to get creative and plan some stunning virtual valentine’s outfits. A virtual Valentine’s doesn’t mean you can’t dress up and enjoy the occasion so read on for some fashion inspiration. 

Classic date night:

First up for those planning a cute dinner date or Zoom date Oh Polly have you sorted. They may be more expensive than other brands but the quality of their clothes is second to none. The Bardot Ruffle Mini Dress in Hot Pink for €68 is perfect for any self-confessed girly girls and is also very sophisticated. If you’re searching for something a little sexier check out the Puff Shoulder Lace Mini Dress for €73.74 which is available in both red and black. 

Support local:

If you want to support Irish this Valentine’s check out Vavavoom who have a fantastic variety of pieces. They have a beautiful skirt and top co-ord, the Cia Pink Slinky Skirt Co-Ord for €22.40 and a great range of bodysuits. The Ginsey Black Ruched Slinky Cami Bodysuit for €20 is a beautiful slinky fabric and could be paired with a variety of skirts or trousers jeans. Check out the Lydia Leatherlette Pleated Mini Skirt which is reduced to €12 and available in black and sage green. Vavavoom also has some gorgeous and reasonably priced dresses ideal for date night such as the Shona Monochrome Polka Dot Square Neck Mini Dress and the Lisa Fuchsia Ruched Square Neck Dress which both retail at €15. 

Casual date attire: 

Not everyone will want to put on a slinky dress or bodysuit and there are some fabulous casual options available. Vavavoom has cute flowing dresses available in black and white. The Larisa White Frill Hem Shirt Dress for €35 could be worn on a socially distant walk or on a casual Zoom date. 

Love and lingerie:

Now onto the best part of Valentine’s choosing some sexy lingerie. Pretty Little Thing have some stunning lingerie sets like the Champagne Satin Jacquard Corset and Thong for €35. They also have some beautiful plus size sets including the Plus Red Lace Satin Corset and Thong Set which is currently reduced to €19. 

Nasty Gal have a brilliant sale on their lingerie and nightwear at the moment so you can pick up some lingerie sets for between €15-€20. Bodysuit lovers will have a field day as there are such a stunning range of bodysuits. Check out the Such a Mesh Lace Bodysuit for just €13 and the Lace Orders Cupped Bodysuit which is €22 and available in red, burgundy and khaki. 

Of course, how could I write about lingerie without including Ann Summers who have a stellar array of lingerie sets on offer. Bring the babydoll back this Valentine’s and check out the Boudoir Babydoll for €36 which is available in red and black. The Neva Bra and String Set is perfect for a sexy night in and is available in red, black and white for €38.50. If you want a classic deep red lingerie look, the Fierce Erotic Bra and Crotchless Brief Suspender Set is just the trick for €30. It’s made with delicate semi-sheer lace and features a vibrant floral pattern. Another statement lingerie set for those who want something a little different this Valentine’s is the Satin Desire Plunge Bra for €32 and the Satin Desire String for €13.

Kayley is currently studying the MA in Social Media Communications at DCU and holds a degree in Journalism and New Media from the University of Limerick. Kayley is from Westmeath and is the Social Media Marketing Manager for ProWeld Ireland. She loves modern dance, pop culture and Netflix. She also enjoys feature writing and is interested in fashion, the arts, lifestyle, education, and current affairs.
BA in Economics, Politics and Law DCU. Currently studying European Union Law in The University of Amsterdam. Campus Correspondent for Her Campus DCU 2020/2021!