Style

What Brands Did the Love Island Babes Snatch?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DCU chapter.

As soon as the Love Island contestants leave the show, they are bombarded by hungry brands waiting to collaborate with them. They can forget their previous jobs or ambitions and embrace their new lives as Instagram influencers selling everything and anything they want.

This year’s Love Island contestants are, of course, no different. While Amber Rose Gill didn’t find love on the island, as her and fellow winner Greg O’Shea have broken up since the show, she did emerge with the biggest (most lucrative) brand deal any of the islanders have seen. Amber had snatched up an unprecedented £1 million deal with MissPap. She has become an ambassador for the brand and has also launched her very successful own line with them.

She may have been the runner up in the show, but Molly Mae Hague seems to be winning outside the villa. She is now a brand ambassador for Pretty Little Thing as well as having her very own fashion line with the brand. Molly Mae earned an impressive £500,000 for this collaboration.

Maura Higgins, an Irish Islander who is known for speaking candidly about all things sex and the phrase “fanny flutters” has really lucked out since leaving the villa. She has signed a six-figure deal with Ann Summers where she will have her own line of lingerie and sex toys. With her open attitude to sex, Ann Summers said Maura was the perfect person for them to collaborate with. She doesn’t just stop there; Maura alongside fellow Islander India Reynolds has also signed on to be a brand ambassador for Boohoo.

The three most popular girls this year were undoubtedly Amber, Molly Mae and Maura. In the Style missed out on nabbing one of these three to collaborate with so they came up with an ingenious idea to still attach some Love Islanders to their brand.

They have teamed up with five of this year’s Love Islanders to create “The Power Edit”. These five are Amy Hart, Anna Vakili, Francesca Allen, Joanna Chimonides and Yewande Biala. Each woman embodies their own persona. Amy is the Sophisticated Sweetheart, Anna is the Badass Babe, Francesca is the Fashionista, Joanna is the Glam Goddess and Yewande is the Cool Queen. All together they are creating the collection where the girls have all designed pieces to fit their characters.

It’s not just the girls who get the big fashion brand deals as this year’s heartthrob Ovie Soko has been working with ASOS. To make this even better, he has been doing so alongside his dad. They have produced a line that has been so successful it’s already sold out. (But yes, it did have bucket hats for those of you who are dying to know.)

Another Islander doing it for the boys is Curtis Pritchard. He has announced a collaboration with Debenhams. Curtis is the first Islander to land a deal with a high street brand.

It’s not all fashion deals for this year’s Islanders. Lucie Donlan is known for her beachy, wavy, blonde hair, so it comes as no surprise that she is the new face of the hair brand, Peng Hair. A deal which is making her bank account £200,000 heavier.

While you may not find love on the Island, it is almost guaranteed that you will emerge with a lucrative brand deal.

Just a 20 year old, journalism student doing a bit of writing Email: aoife.mcmahon45@mail.dcu.ie
Campus Correspondent for HC DCU. Just a Dublin girl with a passion for writing, books, sport and bad teen tv shows.