This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DCU chapter.

Halloween has come and gone so naturally it’s time to talk about all things costumes! Some of our favourite celebs have slayed the scary season, from Kim to Kris to Kylie, it’s safe to say that the Kardashian/Jenner clan produced some of the most iconic costumes this spooky season. Heidi Klum’s worm costume was also the topic of conversation at her famous Halloween party. However, Megan Fox and Machine Gun Kelly raised some eyebrows this year with their controversial Pam and Tommy costumes.

Kardashian/Jenner Clan

It’s only fair to start with the queens of Halloween – the Kardashians and Jenners! These queens slay the game every single year. The Kardashians know how to up the drama when it comes to celebrating holidays. They each gave us a variety of different looks this year.

Ms Kim Kardashian went as X-Men’s Mystique in a blue, latex bodysuit paired with a slick, red hairstyle. Her sister Kourtney Kardashian Barker and husband, Travis Barker, presented us with not one, but two looks this year! Their first being Chucky and Tiffany Valentine at the Kardashian Halloween party and the second, Frankenstein and his bride. However, there was a clash of costumes in the Kardashian/Jenner household this year as Kylie Jenner also went for the Bride of Frankenstein look – awkward! 

Khloe Kardashian matched with her daughter, True Thompson in matching metallic cat outfits. The pair dressed on the cuter side for the occasion while sister, Kendall Jenner, went for a sexier look this Halloween. The ‘818 Tequila’ creator caused some controversy this year as she dressed as a sexy Jesse from “Toy Story.” Many believe that it was inappropriate for the supermodel to sexualise a character from a children’s film. She still slayed though!

Little Miss North West definitely understood the assignment this year. She was my personal favourite. She appeared on many of the Kardashians’ socials at their family Halloween party. North dressed up as an alien with her best friend. The alien prosthetics, which Kim Kardashian revealed on her Instagram story, were designed by North West, were out of this world! Kanye West’s artistic skills were obviously passed onto his daughter as she included many realistic looking features like the black bulging eyes and the bloody mouth. The styling of her costume was quite clever as she wore baggy, black clothes to give the costume a modern feel. North revealed her second costume on her TikTok account alongside her two best friends. The trio went as musical group, TLC. Iconic!

Heidi Klum

Heidi Klum is famous for her A-list Halloween parties but she is even more famous for the costumes that she has worn each year. Of course, this year was no different. Klum took to the red carpet to showcase her worm costume designed by Michael Marino. Heidi Klum raises the roof every single year with her costume, however, many people believe that this costume may be the best of all time. The costume measuring over seven feet took approximately 12 hours to apply and is believed to have cost a lot more than we think! Her husband Tom Kaulitz posed with her on the carpet as a fisherman.

Megan Fox and Machine Gun Kelly

Nobody does controversy like Machine Gun Kelly and Megan Fox. The couple faced anger and frustration from the public for their Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee look. The couple received quite a bit of backlash online as pictures and videos emerged of Machine Gun Kelly imitating Tommy Lee by snorting fake lines of cocaine off Megan Fox’s chest. Many have branded this behaviour as “immature” and “uncool.”  The controversy didn’t stop there for the couple as they received even more criticism for their second costumes. People branded them as “blasphemous” and “disrespectful” as Machine Gun Kelly, who was dressed as a priest, handed communion to his fiancé, Megan Fox who was dressed in sexy, latex lingerie. Fox was positioned on her knees as her fiancé placed the communion in her mouth. The photo caused outrage amongst others who believed that the couple were “sexualising communion” and “disrespecting Christianity.”

We have been served some absolute treats this Halloween! From the new queen of Halloween, North West to Miss Halloween herself, Heidi Klum, we’ve got lots of inspiration for next year’s costumes and I cannot wait! A word of advice though, maybe stay away from Megan Fox and Machine Gun Kelly if you’re looking for some inspo for next year! 

Communications student at DCU. Carrie Bradshaw wannabe, fashion lover and future rich aunt.