Style

Staying Comfortable yet Chic During Lockdown

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DCU chapter.

So, we’re back in a Level 5 Lockdown once again. These restrictions also are probably getting us down a little. Being at home all the time means no pubs and worst of all, no Penney’s. 

It has been difficult in these past few months to put outfits together, considering our time taking part in social interaction has been mostly online. I try to get dressed every day to keep myself motivated and to keep myself productive, even though that doesn’t always happen. Just to help you keep yourself fashionable and productive, here are a few of my Lockdown Clothing Staples.

Jumpers

I am a complete sucker for a good jumper. They are super comfy and always keep me nice and toasty as the weather gets colder. I style my jumpers with literally everything from jeans to skirts to joggers. They are genuinely so versatile!

Teddy Coat

Since the inside of my last one ripped in an unfortunate accident, I’ve been searching for the perfect replacement. They are so comfy and cosy, and if you don’t have one of these fuzzy coats, I highly recommend getting yourself one! I style them with almost everything in my wardrobe. You can never go wrong when a piece combines comfort and style!

Loungewear

I mostly grab the loungewear on busier days when I know I won’t be leaving the house unless I have to strut my way into Spar for a pint of milk. I love a good co-ord set when it comes to loungewear, although it’s simple sometimes being comfy and wearing a matching outfit just sets me up with so much joy and energy to tackle the tasks of the day.

Hoodies and Sweatshirts

Now, these are very different to co-ord loungewear and jumpers. Hoodies and sweatshirts have been a staple for me this year when I’ve been in my pyjamas all day and just want to get outside for a walk. So, I’ll pop on some leggings or joggers with one of my many hoodies or sweatshirts just to get myself out of the house. You can get fancy ones and simple ones, but sometimes grabbing a hoodie or sweatshirt can just be what you need to keep comfy while at home.

Pyjamas

Some days aren’t as great as others. I feel unmotivated and just want to stay in bed. There are days where I don’t make it out of my pyjamas. I’ve learned to accept that it’s ok to not feel motivated all the time and make sure I am as comfy as possible in my pyjamas. On colder days, I’ll style my pyjamas with some fluffy socks and to accessorise, a hot water bottle. These two are my favourite accessories to style my pyjamas with when my bed is the place I need to be.

Being in lockdown again is not the ideal situation to be in. Looking after yourself and keeping yourself comfy should be your top priority as you navigate your way through the days until December 1st. When that day does come, we’ll welcome it with open arms and look very stylish while doing it!

Senior Editor. Your Culture Vulture. Law and French.
BA in Economics, Politics and Law DCU. Currently studying European Union Law in The University of Amsterdam. Campus Correspondent for Her Campus DCU 2020/2021!