Style > Beauty

Our Favourite Irish Beauty Brands

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DCU chapter.

Let’s be honest, beauty products aren’t cheap. Whether it’s a new blush, your favourite instant tan, or trying to get that salon look at home, it’s important that you get the most out  of your hard earned cash. 

So why not kill two birds with one stone and support local while you’re at it? In the last couple of years, Irish beauty brands have been popping up all over the country giving legacy brands a run for their money. Check out some of our favourites to see what Irish products are worth the hype. 

Kash Beauty

Kash Beauty is the brainchild of makeup artist and TikTok megastar Keilidh Cashell. The brand, launched in 2019, is known for its high quality eyeshadows and line of faux eyelashes, however it’s their sculpt sticks that have given them their viral status. The sculpt sticks, offering a variety of shades for blush, bronzer or highlight, can also be purchased in a custom bundle, offering you one shade of each, will set you back close to €60. All products with Kash Beauty are vegan and cruelty free, and can be found in Boots pharmacies as well as online.

Bellamianta 

With the lack of sunshine here in Ireland, it’s no wonder one of our biggest beauty buys each year is fake tan. Irish tanning brand Bellamianta has a massive line of products to suit all skin types and shades. From liquid to mousse, instant or gradual tan, Bellamianta has been produced and manufactured in Ireland since 2015. However, the brand came to all of our attention when they teamed up with Love Island star Maura Higgins, who has since gone on to create her own line with Bellamianta. Higgins’ line includes tanning mousse and water, as well as bronzing powder and tools to help you get that perfect glow. 

Sculpted by Aimee

Irish influencer and makeup artist Aimee Connolly launched Sculpted by Aimee in 2016, and since then has launched close to one hundred products which are available in pharmacies across Ireland as well as on the brands website. Not only that, Connolly opened a flagship store on Grafton Street in late 2022, where customers can browse and test products, as well as getting shade matched for Sculpted by Aimee’s array of shades. What makes the brand stand out, however, is that a number of their collection of foundations and concealers are made with sensitive skin in mind, meaning your skin will be thanking you for giving it the TLC it needs. 

Blank Canvas

Good tools will always elevate your makeup look. Whether it’s a blending sponge, a precision eyeliner tool or a fluffy powder brush, Blank Canvas Cosmetics have you covered. Founded in 2011 and based in County Donegal, the brand also offers eyeshadow and contour palettes, but it’s their brushes they’re really known for. With options from buffing to blush, eyeshadow to under eyes, Blank Canvas has an array of high quality products to bump your makeup game into the next league. 

Final year Journalism student at DCU. Podcast enthusiast. Trying to find the perfect balance between Bridget Jones and Samantha Jones x